I ended up with PPG epoxy primer...

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by scooper77515, Aug 31, 2006.

1. scooper77515

scooper77515 No current projects.

Vehicle:
    Fresh out of Mavericks
    Already have the regulator and filter. Compressor is 7hp, big 60 gal tank, should be just fine.

Currently, the two fenders are off, all cars are parked outside across the street, and garage floor will have sheets of plastic on floor, and over all tools and other non-wall surfaces. In fact, if I have any paint left over, it will probably go onto the walls, since they are unpainted drywall, and the epoxy would provide an easy to clean surface, not to mention keep the drywall dry. I will open the garage door just a little to let air out, and will put two shop fans at the door with a/c filters in front of them to catch any overspray.

Paint guy ALSO suggested 3 coats with 20 minutes between them, so I guess I will put both fenders on the floor, POR-15 side down, and hit one, then the other during the 20 minute wait. When I do the hood, same situation, off the car and on the floor.

I figure that if I am aiming down, then hopefully, any over spray will keep going in the downward direction and stick to the plastic on the floor.

Hopefully, I will get started on this today, and be done with at least the fenders by the endo monday. Still have to DA sand both fenders, and hit one small spot with the Lab-Metal filler.

But first, I need to wait until Lowe's/Home Depot opens this morning for a decent respirator with replaceable cartridges, and plastic sheeting.