I fold.

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Freelance Fury, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Mav71

Mav71 New Member

Vehicle:
    1971 maverick
    I re-upholstered mine, and used Headliner material in my case the "Dark Charcoal" and Permatex Body Shop Heavy Duty Headliner & Carpet Adhesive.
    You can buy the Permatex at autozone, napa, o'reilly's, shuck's pretty much any auto parts store. :rofl:

IMPORTANT: Never install a headliner on a cold day.
    The rule of thumb is, the warmer the day, the easier it will be to install the headliner.

Useful tools

Rubber roller Use this seriously! ;)
    Sharp pair of scissors/ and or utility knife.
    Dull tucking Tool there are cheaper ones.. and you could use a putty knife but if you do dull the edge I love that one though out of the 4 I tried.

You could also use sewing machines to do custom patterns, or what not..its pretty much up to you how creative you want to get.

I can guarantee it wont fall off, now or 30 years from now without a lot of pulling and prying once its "cured".
    I would never pay someone for a pre-made headliner, or "professional" install.

You can make your own, and install it for 1/10th the cost or less. I having never used any of these tools, or ever done similar projects. Did it in 3 hours. I should mention I have 2 torn rotator cuffs makes doing anything over my head a *&#&#!! and arthritis so my hands are not that nimble , short attention span, and get pissed at myself easily!:biglaugh:

Hope this helps someone.
    You don't have to remove a your glass, although might make some of this easier.
    I didn't and you can't tell...use that edge tool! ;)

Russell likes this.