i like my 69 1/2 maverick

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by jackobeans, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Earl Branham

Earl Branham Certified Old Fart

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '69.5 Maverick 302, T-5, Grabber Green
    Welcome, from S.C.! I have a 69.5 also, great little car!

2. jackobeans

jackobeans Member

Vehicle:
    ford maverick
    yea its a fun little car to drive , I'm used to the full sized galaxies i have a couple 68s as well but this maverick reminds me of the falcons i used to have and i think the 69 is a unique version seems ford scrambled to get the maverick on the market and used a bunch of falcon pats to complete the first ones i think the early ones should a value over the rest of the 1970 models but apparently it doesn't mean anything values wise, plan to put a 302 with four speed in next summer since its already a standard shift model shouldn't be to much trouble until than I'm driving her with the original 170 six which i think would out live me if i kept it in the car lol i get just as many looks in that car as i do in my galaxies so it a keeper glad to be part of the forum lot a nice guys here

3. Earl Branham

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    I would go with a 5spd if you can, with the 302. I have a T5, and the gas mileage is a whole lot better, and its not too bad an install.

4. jackobeans

jackobeans Member

Vehicle:
    ford maverick
    id love a 5 spd only reason im thinking of using a four speed is because i have one here just hanging around would one from an 80s mustang go in fairly easy? i might be able to get one from an 88 a friend has every thing pretty much has to come out anyway since i cant use anything from the 3 spd linkage

5. Earl Branham

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    It fits right in, you just have to get the clutch linkage worked out. If you get the bell from a late model car, with a 5spd, the clutch will pull rather than push. Or, you could go with a hydraulic setup. But, that being said, the 4spd is quite good, so if you already have it, use it. Also, no clutch mods required!