I wanna see some red cars...

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by scooper77515, Sep 15, 2006.

1. kenseth17

kenseth17 Member

Laser red is also tri stage paint-candy. It is a red base, red tinted clearcoat, clear. Worked at a ford dealer (painted it on a probe) in the 90's when it came out. Candy will be more expensive do to the extra time, difficulty and material. It will also be harder to repair and match if needed in the future. Red is also one of the most expensive pigments there is. I liked the gm flame red used on corvettes in the late 80's. Had a corvette in the shop in tech school that color and It sticks in my mind for some reason. Don't even know what is so special about it. Its a darker red. That being said, you should try to see colors in person, cause in the chip books and on the computer they can look different. Once you narrow your colors down, maybe you can get the bodyshop or your paint supplier to do a couple sprayouts for you. They can mix a real small quantity if they have a mixing machine. It just depends on if they will do it for you or not. It sure is tough choosing a color with all the options available. Not too long ago spent an hour at the paint store looking for the right silver when they didn't have a formula for the silver code I gave them.

2. scooper77515

scooper77515 No current projects.

Vehicle:
    Fresh out of Mavericks
    Thanks for all the pics and suggestions. Some really good pics with sunlight...

The funny thing is on each one, I keep saying to myself, "no, a little more red" or "maybe a little more maroon tint".

I am glad I have time to take to look at these colors in person to help get a better idea for what I want.

The last two trucks I have owned had a really fine silver dust in them...I really like that. I wonder if what I end up with will be almost an "original" mixture?