In the Paint Shop

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Hawkco, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Jamie Miles

Jamie Miles the road warrior

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    We were trying not to make a mess.

Those heaters are small but they really did a pretty good job of keeping it comfortable in there. At one point we even turned one off. It got cold in there quick though when we opened the garage door to take the gas tank outside. It was real windy and pretty cold all day yesterday. I was getting blown all over the road in the Maverick going down there and comeing home.

2. Hawkco

Hawkco Genuine Car Nut

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick
    For all you "wimps" concerned about the "tiny" heater, there was a forced air kerosene heater in the the main garage that heated the paint bay to the point that those tiny heaters maintained a warm temperature. Sheesh.:slap:

3. Earl Branham

Earl Branham Certified Old Fart

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '69.5 Maverick 302, T-5, Grabber Green
    Had a great time yesterday, even though I got covered in sanding dust! The car is coming along nicely, and should be very nice when done. The man doing the paint work, John Taylor, is very knowledgeable and has infinite patience.....he has to to put up with a bunch of Mav nuts like us. Frank and Effie dropped by, and that made for a good time. A very good day!:)

4. Hawkco

Hawkco Genuine Car Nut

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick
    Rick, I knew you had a lot on your plate, so I didn't want to put you in a position of having to say no.:162:

Oh, BTW, they don't make a whip big enough for my lard butt.:evilsmile

5. waynes fords

waynes fords Member

Vehicle:
    1973 grabber,2004 ford dually,2000 gulfstream motorhome,2003 ford expedition,66 mustang gt
    don't feel bad Rick I wasn't invited either and I have paint skills! I did work on my maverick and I finally got it in my shop, inside of 1-1/2 hours I had the front end off and cut the core support and right apron off and got it ready for some grinding and clean up for the new parts later this week, gotta get ready for the memphis trip on saturday to take Jim the 72 shell! see ya! wayne

6. Hawkco

Hawkco Genuine Car Nut

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick
    Wayne, I (we) didn't invite anybody. Earl has been helping from the get-go and even working on my car at John's (Earl is 12 minutes away from John) when I haven't been there (that is a true car guy and a great pal). Jamie agreed to work for me so many hours for some parts. I chose to use some of those hours on this car.

Jamie is a great kid, a quick study, and a good, fast worker. He also spotted problems with the stereo system install (installed before I bought the car) and has already laid out a plan of action to put a superior system in the car when we put it back together. He made enough sense yesterday that I trust him enough to recommend a system for me using parameters I gave him and he will do it and do it right.:tiphat:

I can't say enough about Earl. He is absolutely the best benefit to my being involved with Mavericks. I will say this though, he looks funny covered in orange dust. :rofl:
    Frank just showed to annoy.:rofl2:

Earl and I have a goal to make a John a Maverick expert on bodywork. I've got two more that will need painting, Earl wants to get his repainted, Dan will eventually get his '74 painted, etc. Now, if everybody wants to show up and help out on one of the next two Saturdays (or tomorrow if it is a holiday for you), I'll appreciate it and spring for the best barbecue in Georgia. (y)

7. waynes fords

waynes fords Member

Vehicle:
    1973 grabber,2004 ford dually,2000 gulfstream motorhome,2003 ford expedition,66 mustang gt
    well next saturday I'm going to memphis to take the 72 shell and hopefully a bunch of donated parts from anyone willing to help out Jim so maybe another weekend for me,take care.

8. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    say, i'm off tomorrow...does this BBQ place serve pancakes??:huh: ...frank...:bouncy:

9. Hawkco

Hawkco Genuine Car Nut

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick
    Earl is charge of the pancakes.

10. Hawkco

Hawkco Genuine Car Nut

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick
    Wayne, I need to get you a pair of seats to take to Jim. Where will be Monday and Friday?

11. Hawkco

Hawkco Genuine Car Nut

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick
    I couldn't resist editing this picture after I saw it. Effie took the picture.

Attached Files:

12. Maverick73

Maverick73 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    '73 Maverick 2 Dr, '73 Maverick LDO 4 Dr, '73 Maverick 4 Dr Parts Car
    That's some funny stuff.:biglaugh:

13. Jamie Miles

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    :lolup: LMAO! Thats absolutely hillairious! I believe that's when Frank was telling me about that "custom interior". :rofl2:

Yea, the stereo will be no problem. That's a pretty basic system.

I have drove 506 miles since 5:30 A.M. Drove to Culberson, NC last night and got up at 4:30 A.M. and pulled the front spindle off my '74 in the middle of a field with nothing but moon light (major PITA). Then drove up to Murphy, NC to eat breakfast with my grandparents. Hit hwy. 515 through Blue Ridge at about 8:30 A.M., was home by 10. Took my mom to work over in Covington and hit I-20 to I-285. Stopped by Terry's at 1 P.M. and no one was home. Got lunch, went to Terry's Pull A Part to see what they got (2 Mav's, both 2 doors, one '73 LDO with a 302, A/C, P/S, nothing left good).

Jumped back on the interstate and saw a VERY nice white 4 door '73 Maverick going the opposite direction on I-85 North. Just got home about 20 minutes ago. I have drove the wheels off that '02 Taurus today. :) Time to go out and swap the spindle on the '72 so I can get to school tomarrow.

Ohh well, wish I could have came and helped out a little more today. I'd be there helping even if I didn't owe Terry work.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2006
  14. Hawkco

Hawkco Genuine Car Nut

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick
    I arrived home at 1:10 PM and left at 3:00 PM. For someone who has never been here on time before, you picked a heck of time to start.

15. Jamie Miles

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    Barely missed you then. I've been there on time several times, when I'm not it's always because of the Maverick. These cars seem to pick bad times to mess up. No big deal. I edited my post. Didn't mean to sound like I was getting on your case.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2006