Inside shot of trunk?

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by IdiotFool, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Maverick Guy

Maverick Guy Maverick Enthusiast

Mark, nice job on the trunk (y), I wish had more time at the round-up to check the interior of your car out more. :(

2. DJBerson

DJBerson Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick 2-door
    securing Jack and tire iron

On the same note... was there originally a proper way to mount the bumper jack, its hook thingy, and the tire iron?? I don't know where to put mine... other cars I have owned had a specific way to secure these items, but in this car (so far) they are rattling around in my trunk.

3. dmhines

dmhines Dixie Maverick Boy

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    The jack sits on the floor above the gas tank. Jack it up high enough so that when you lay the spare tire in the correct position the jack is supporting the tire underneath the rim and keeping the tire level. When you tighten down the nut holding the tire and lug wrench in place it will also hold the jack in place. It is illustrated on the factory trunk decal ...

4. Maverick73

Maverick73 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    '73 Maverick 2 Dr, '73 Maverick LDO 4 Dr, '73 Maverick 4 Dr Parts Car
    it's very simple once you figure it out.

5. DJBerson

DJBerson Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick 2-door
    Jack

Well thanks for the info guys, thanks to your info I now realize I have a bumper type jack in the car, and not the type in the picture that expands to push up under the frame. The picture under the trunklid (which I never looked at that closely until now) clearly shows a different jack than the one that came with my car. Are original type jacks hard to find for these cars?? Also, can anybody tell me what type of spare my early 73 car (built in Canada) would have originally come with? The one in my trunk is a bias ply thin-whitewall, so it looks pretty original to me....but then again, so did the jack!