JC Whitney leaf springs - John R Spring supplied companies

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by Rando76, Apr 17, 2009.

1. white trash

white trash Member

Vehicle:
    1969 1/2 Maverick 6cyl auto field find junker
    I'm glad you saw it was sold individually. That would have been a real bummer to get one spring in the mail.

I should have been more specific. The $52 is for adding a leaf and new bushings installed. I have to bring them the springs for that price of course.

2. Grabber5.0

Grabber5.0 Gear-head wannabe

Vehicle:
    71 Grabber
    Hope these guys can deliver for you. They just look like another place that drop ships springs from the manufacturer to me. I've got my fingers crossed for ya. :bouncy:

3. EatonSprings

EatonSprings New Member

Eaton Detroit Spring does have the springs you are looking for, in stock. We have over 166,000 applications. We manufacture our springs to the OE specs - we have the Blueprints, and can also custom design in-house if need be. Call 313-963-3839 for more info. We won't go into a sales pitch here, as it is not appropriate/allowed. But please call or email sales@eatonsprings.com we can help you.
    We are more than willing to discuss tech or any other suspension questions here. Please feel free to ask via post, pm, or email us with anything.
    www.eatonsprings.com
    If you don't see your application, call or email us. With as many applications as we have, we will probablly never have time to list everything we offer on the site.

4. 72CometGT

72CometGT Member

Vehicle:
    Green 72 Comet GT
  5. blugene

blugene Senior member Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT, 72 Comet GT, 2008 "Comet" (our boxer)
    They are the exact ones I bought. Mine are on but the car is still on jack stands.

6. Rando76

Rando76 Member

Vehicle:
    Collection of Mavericks and Comets
    Well....bad news guys.

I called carparts.com today to check on the status of my spring order from Ebay. The part number for these springs is 269B and they are also supplied by JRS. :cry: I called JRS to confirm the part number and 269B is the same as 42-717 (the same spring that JCW sells). My carparts.com order was supposed to ship tomorrow, but won't since it is JRS. I'm sure they'll just cancel it. :huh:

JRS most definitely provides the most affordable spring on the market from what I can tell and I got the idea from the phone call with JRS today that they were NOT going to discontinue them, but were still trying to get them and perhaps find another source to help with demand. I don't need mine right now, so I'll probably just keep waiting. :rolleyes: Although, I'm not opposed to buying elsewhere, if they can be competitive with pricing. If not, then maybe I'll do what Tommy is doing and get a local spring shop to work them over. :yup:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  7. 72CometGT

72CometGT Member

Vehicle:
    Green 72 Comet GT
    So those are the $55 each springs from carparts.com? The ones I just ordered are from Laurel Mountain Mustang. Total is $205 after shipping. They sent me a bill through paypal so I hope they're in stock. We'll see.

8. Rando76

Rando76 Member

Vehicle:
    Yes, sounds like it. Hopefully Laurel Mountain already has the springs at their location. If they're drop shipped, you won't be getting them either. :cry:

9. KansasJoe

KansasJoe Member

I figured something was going on when I had a large amount of Maverick springs sold so I'll fill you in. I am currently out of the 42-717 , however I have 6 coming in 3 weeks and if you need more then I can order whatever quantity is needed. Price is higher than JC Whitneys but these springs aren't JRS either which is why they're $109.99 each and not $55. I spoke with JRS and they have none on order and don't plan on it either. If you guys do want a group buy quantity of 12 or more I can knock off around $20 per spring so they would be $89.99 each.

Joe at General Spring
    www.generalspringkc.com

10. fastback86

fastback86 Loose cars and fast women

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick 351W, 1985 5.0 Mustang coupe, 1996 F150, 2004 Subaru WRX Sti (Don't shoot me, it goes like hell!)
    Man that sucks:( I don't understand why the f%@k they have them for sale on ebay if they don't have them in stock.

11. sierra grabber

sierra grabber Certifiable

Vehicle:
    71 grabber red and black; 74 2dr LDO comet
    Drop shipping is a sales technique that MOST of the internet is working off now, great for business but sucky for people making the purchase. Kansas, do yours include the press in bushings in the spring mounts\ends?

12. KansasJoe

KansasJoe Member

Come with the front eye bushing pressed in and the rear uses a 2 piece rubber bushing which are not included but you can either order those for $2.50 each or the complete shackle kit which comes with side bars, bolts and bushings for $27.50 each. By the way I'm down to 4 springs available in 3 weeks.

13. mavgrab302

mavgrab302 MCCI Florida State Rep

Vehicle:
    71 Maverick Grabber
    Thanks KansasJoe, for the call.. I really appreciate a company that follows through with things. I know I payed more but if you can't get them anywhere else, it's a deal. my 71 grabber will ride a lot better and I'm sure they will last as long as I'm around...

Ken

14. Rando76

Rando76 Member

Vehicle:

Thanks for posting this. I'm sure you'll sell all you have to those that need them now. :thumbs2:

Probably because carparts.com didn't know they couldn't get them. They were surprised to hear that I already knew JRS couldn't ship now. They were going to contact JRS as well. By the sounds of things, JRS sure is getting alot of calls about these springs. :rofl2: Maybe that's why they said they'll try to get more. Maybe they decided to discontinue them and then had a flood of calls. :biglaugh:

15. 72CometGT

72CometGT Member

Vehicle:
    Green 72 Comet GT
    That's the problem, JRS doesn't make the springs, they get them from the manufacturer. Sure are a lot of middlemen taking a slice before we get the springs :mad:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009