Lazy wiper - passenger side

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by Powerband, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Powerband

Powerband Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    ---- 1976 Comet --- 1974 Maverick- - '61 Comet T'Bolt Six ---- 'quite a few projects ...
    Any tips appreciated before I get inverted and start cursing .

The '74 passenger side windshield wiper seems to have a sloppy link or something. The passenger side wiper follows the drivers side but hesitates at the ends of travel when wiping. It's been an annoyance but usually only bothers me when it rains :rolleyes:. With the ice jam in front of barn receding , I'll soon be rolling it out for the Spring fire-up and am reviewing this season's 'upgrades'.

Any tips and a real diagram appreciated ...

thanks

[​IMG]

2. rthomas771

rthomas771 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '74 Maverick 250 5-Speed.'60 Falcon V8. '63.5 Falcon HT
    I replaced my wiper motor on my '74 after I was told by many how hard of a job it will be. I found out it was just a 30 minute job start to finish. I did remove the radio to see what I was doing. Remove clip from linkage at wiper motor and then wiper motor from bracket. You will need a gear wrench to remove the 3 bolts because a socket won't get in the tight place and a open end wrench only fits 2 ways and both of the ways are not in the right angle to fit a wrench the bolt. If you try and remove wiper motor with motor bracket still attached you will be under your dash all day long. I didn't need to remove wiper linkage at this time. When the time came to remove linkage I had already removed a few more parts and it did make it a lot easier to get to :evilsmile:.

101_0029.JPG