LDO vs bucket seat tracks

Discussion in 'Technical' started by tody, Jul 31, 2011.

  1. tody

    tody Member

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2008
    Messages:
    1,843
    Likes Received:
    230
    Trophy Points:
    178
    Garage:
    1
    Location:
    cologne, germany
    Vehicle:
    72 comet gt, 67 club wagon, 65 mustang
    can i use LDO seat tracks with bucket seats?
    i have the high back buckets on the correct tracks, but i'm sitting way to high (i'm 6 ft 4). can i interchange the tracks without drilling any holes? will the ldo tracks bolt up to the bucket seats?

    if so, does anyone have just one set of ldo tracks? no spacers needed...
     
  2. car-nut

    car-nut Glenn

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2006
    Messages:
    1,299
    Likes Received:
    212
    Trophy Points:
    146
    Location:
    conn.
    Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick
    I am not an expert here, but when I did my research for tracks I was told the only difference in the tracks was the position they put the seat. Higher like you have or lower like the LDO.

    I would think what you want to do would work perfectly!
     
  3. Craig Selvey

    Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2002
    Messages:
    18,345
    Likes Received:
    1,397
    Trophy Points:
    878
    Location:
    Albany, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    Yes....the tracks are interchangable. No drilling required.
     
  4. shaneb

    shaneb Member

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2009
    Messages:
    424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Mckinney, Texas
    Vehicle:
    1973 ford maverick
    Sorry to jack the post but im about to buy some universal bucket seats. What exatly are LDO's The person I bought the car from took 66 mustang bucket seats and drilled new holes through the floor it makes a horrible sound when stopping or going. I would like to install the seats correctly.

     
  5. Craig Selvey

    Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2002
    Messages:
    18,345
    Likes Received:
    1,397
    Trophy Points:
    878
    Location:
    Albany, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    LDO stands for: Luxury Decor Option

    The LDO seats used a different seat track than the high back bucket seats.
     

Share This Page