Levi Zoesch Pro-Touring 69 Ford Maverick MEGA Build

Discussion in 'Maverick/Comet Projects' started by Lzoesch, Nov 12, 2013.

1. mav1970

mav1970 Bob Hatcher

Vehicle:
    69.5 Maverick 393 Cleveland Stroker
    I took a course to get my PA State inspection license - the Trooper told us, during the training, that there were 2 types of people who will bring their cars in and take advantage of you if their cars will not pass and that was friends and relatives. Fast forward to the years that my wife and I owned a bar - the people that stole from us were our friends and relatives - I would suspect someone you know who is involved with drug usage - someone close like you already figured

2. Lzoesch

Lzoesch Levi Zoesch

Vehicle:
    1969 Maverick & 1972 Chevy El Camino SS
    :cry::cry::cry:

So, I picked up the garage a bit to do some recon on whats missing.

I have figured out

All air tools
    Most screw drivers (set)
    a case (empty)
    a box of my reciepts/serial # (for everything i own) that I kept in the garage on the bottom of my tool box (ughhh)
    A box of hooks that you screw into the wall and can place stuff on (ie; extension cord, helmet)
    Expensive snap on air socket set(s)
    The user Manuel (and serial # packet you mail in) for the welder
    bit set
    vise grip set
    a few plyers but left the remaining 60% of the set? lol thats odd
    few engine parts
    like new 650 holly carb/intake

Girlfriends GPS, car charger, audio cable, pair of shoes, half a pack of cigarettes (good cuz I just quit :D )

But what I dont get is how the hell do you get all this stuff and not make noise? I had **** scattered in the box, bench, Ive been a little messy hehe

also left about 300$+ in brand new Huskey socket sets, Metric & SAE from 1" to 1/16" in 1/2, 3/4, and 1/4 rachet sets. Like you're grabbing everything else why not do that? (I think its because they where all miss matched and not put away and looked as if they wouldnt match if you didnt put them together.

Ratcheting open end wrenchs too they left...

Everytime I go look around I notice a little more each time.

But my concern is how am I going to prove this all to the insurance company? most stuff I've paid in cash, and now cant show proof w/ reciept. I've also got a bunch of other stuff missing, and so far what internet searching I've done its up to $6k... Just seems like the insurance co is gonna be concerned that they're going to have to replace a lot of expensive stuff and be skeptical.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  3. John Holden

John Holden Member

Welcome to the neighborhood..:cry:

4. mojo

mojo "Everett"- Senior Citizen Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT-302 4bl
    Without pix or reciepts the insurance may have some issues on what they will pay.

5. Wrighttime

Wrighttime Member

Vehicle:
    74 Maverick street car 73 comet drag car 74 comet drag car
    Sorry to hear about your stuff being taken. Glad to hear all is well. Go to Bass Pro shop get you a $79.00 Game Spy camera takes video and pics nobody will know you have it and you can keep your eye on all you stuff. Good Luck Im sure the authorities will find who did this.

6. Bryant

Bryant forgot more than learned

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    71 Maverick
    do you have pics with the tools in the back ground? that can help.

7. Lzoesch

Lzoesch Levi Zoesch

Vehicle:
    Just went through all my pictures to see if I could see any stuff, and only have 1 blurry picture of my Mig welder. Normally, I tried to not show stuff in the background...

We'll see how it goes.

8. Lzoesch

Lzoesch Levi Zoesch

Vehicle:
    Blocked out both Pass and driver door.

Ripped the guts out of the pass, going to have it blasted inside and interior panels so I can jam it and hang it back on the car. Need to block out pass fender.

Tryin to keep busy with what tools I have left. More to come...

9. car-nut

car-nut Glenn

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick
    Please don't take this as a critisizm, I am just curious as to why you are doing some of the things the way you are, and want to share my experiance.

I know the stuff you are doing now is easy because it doesn't cost much. But I am surprised you are doing all this kind of body/paint work without having the chassis stuff done first. Things move around, holes need to be drilled etc as a build goes on.

I was taught long ago when building a car to do all the fab work and completely assemble the car long before final body and paint work. Then once everything is worked out, blow it apart and paint it. At that point final assembly is real basic because everything has been together and worked out in advance.

On my own car I have all the gaps where I think they look really good. But until I get the car off the dolly and on it's own suspension I will not finalize the gaps and move to paint. In this type of situation I have seen them change once the car is on its own weight on all four wheels. Nothing worse than having to back track after the car is painted and do it over to make it right.

Just a thought. I am really looking forward to how your progress moves forward with that chassis. I didn't have the balls to do it to be honest.

Glenn

10. Wrighttime

Wrighttime Member

Vehicle:
    Not speaking for Levi but myself there is so much going on not that much time to do anything that we want and when we do have time we are so happy that we get lost in the project and what we did have time for and accomplished were proud of it and one less thing to do. Also he said he was only block sanding,not painting. Oh criticism only makes us beteeeer.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  11. Lzoesch

Lzoesch Levi Zoesch

Vehicle:
    I am in a bind with my project, I need a couple key parts to continue with the chassis to be able to drop into the car. I should have the remaining pieces within the next 2 months especially since I got my house broken into and will be recieving a Insurance check, along with tax return.

In the meantime I have nothing really to do with the car and tons of extra time to waste. I am blocking out the car in steps (one door at a time, on to the next door, so on) so that its rough blocked and set in primer. I will do the final body work once I have done the chassis, got the car on the ground and then I will properly gap everything and body work the panels so that they are flat instead of the edge of the door and the B pillar dive into the body line.

Also, the paint will be the lasssstttt thing done to the car. I still need to mock everything up as far as exterior/chassis/rear end/suspension/exhuast ect. so that I can have the chassis powder coated.

I appreciate the concern and I understand why you had those concerns.

Hope that clears it up :)

12. Wrighttime

Wrighttime Member

Vehicle:
    Ok maybe I was wrong instead of Wright about blocking out but still don't take that away from him if thats all the time he has to do something thats fine. In the end Im sure he'll be happy.

13. Lzoesch

Lzoesch Levi Zoesch

Vehicle:
    You where right to a degree :)

I got lost in the car yesterday ahah. Lost 4 hours and was like ****, its 4pm haha

Just trying to get the car in primer so that it looks good and I know that most of the body work would be done and maybe a quick block/touch up to get ready for paint.

Also in the process of working with a few companies to get a partial sponsorship and I feel when I am trying to brand the car it will look better in primer rather than multi colored, surface rust, and not put together.

14. Wrighttime

Wrighttime Member

Vehicle:
    was not disagreeing read my post page 31

15. Wrighttime

Wrighttime Member

Vehicle:
    my bad getting lost its Friday night fights.