lime green comet?

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by mathew5653, Sep 6, 2006.

1. ratio411

ratio411 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Sprint and 1975 Maverick
    Could be foam...
    I looked over a 'rice' site once that showed how to make custom body kits from foam board, like used in construction.
    You sculpt the foam into the shape you want, with ducts and all, then you cover it with plastic or fiberglass. Smooth, paint, done.

As for the original post, the Mopar lime green is a fairly unique color called 'Sub-lime'.
    Just in case you want that exact shade for your car...

Dave

2. blugene

blugene Senior member Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT, 72 Comet GT, 2008 "Comet" (our boxer, who is now in the galaxies)
  3. yellowgrabber

yellowgrabber Member

Vehicle:
    72 Maverick Grabber, 61 Falcon Futura V8 363ci Dart Block, 62 Falcon V8 289ci toploader
    While on the subject of colors...

anyone have any good pics of a 72 Grabber this color? And has anyone run across a stripe kit those colors? Mine was originally that color scheme and thought about restoring it to original... may have to do it with paint.

Thanx

Last edited: Sep 17, 2006
  4. ModMav71

ModMav71 Member

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick Grabber 98 DOHC Cobra engine w/5speed, 1974 Pinto 2.0 4speed daily driver.
    There are many types of foam used in construction. Most home improvement stores don't carry the type of foam needed for something like this. You need polyurethane or urethane foam! Anything less and your resin will completely eat it, leaving a gooey nasty mess! Even if you cover it with something like a plastic film the heat generated during the curing processes will distort or melt it. Just an FYI for anyone wanting to make something like that.
    As expensive as resin and materials are I would hate to see anyone waste there money just to end up with a huge mess.

Here's a site that carries that type of foam Applied Vehicle Technology

5. Jerryfow2

Jerryfow2 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Grabber/1972 Sprint/1976 Stallion
    YellowGrabber
    My Grabber is bright lime. Photos do show the true shade of the color. It almost glows in the dark. I have often thought of adding in green neons under the hood to enhance the look.
    Jerryfow2