Looking for a custom torque converter source

Discussion in 'Transmissions' started by mercgt73, May 22, 2016.

1. SamsDad

SamsDad Member

Vehicle:
    1973 LDO turned Grabber Clone
    If you have the convertor and still looking there is a place in Arkansas that will take yours and make it up to about 2800 stall ( as farstock convertor can be safely pushed I'm told) and they spline it for nitrous, did one of mine for $180 I think it was, I'll look up name and number if you need

2. COMETIZED

COMETIZED Member

Vehicle:
    70 Mav. 74 Comet
    Just curious
    Did they weld an " Anti-Baloon" plate to the fins ? I bought one years ago that had that feature . I ran it behind
    a 408ci / 535hp 74 Comet . I didn't worry a lot about the TQ coming apart under extreme conditions. If you plan to
    put a lot of power to the tranny I recommend it . Just my opinion for what its worth .
    Cometized
    (Chip)

3. SamsDad

SamsDad Member

Vehicle:
    Good question and I honestly cannot recall, all I recall was they could get about 2800 stall out of stock C4 convertor and they put a steel spline in it for nitrous use.

4. SamsDad

SamsDad Member

Vehicle:
    Took me a min to get my head around what you meant, but yes they did put in that plate as they cut it open on lathe right then and showed what they were going to do internally, it was a interesting experience even with a limited understanding of the function and fluid flow just how it starts flowing one way then reverses was interesting.