Looking for advice

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by David R Smith, Jan 26, 2015.

1. David R Smith

David R Smith Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick
    As I am new to Maverick restoration , I will be looking for advice . Having rebuilt a 54 and 56 Ford truck , I found A very good parts supplier , Midffifty , They are helpful and dependable , with a great staff . What company , has a good reputation , and fair prices , that you would recommend ? I have found ordering from one place is much easer .

2. Acornridgeman

Acornridgeman MCCI Wisconsin State Rep Moderator Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    70 Maverick Grabber, 72 Maverick Grabber Restomod
    There is very little reproduced for Mavericks. As such, having a "Maverick / Comet only" catalog is pretty slim pickings. There are these 2 sources

Melvins is great - online catalog for our cars - great prices
    Autokrafters also great and a long time supporter of the Maverick world. Print and online catalog.

Other than these - many Mustang parts houses have items that will work but you often need to know what to order, as they do not list them specifically for a Maverick.

My personal choice for these is:
    NPD, Mustangs Unlimited, CJ Pony Parts

Use the vendor link forum to access each ones web site. http://mmb.maverick.to/forums/maverick-comet-vendor-links.59/

3. MCCI

MCCI Official Voice of MCCI

Vehicle:
    Maverick Comet
    The Maverick Comet Club International (MCCI) has a list of new and used parts vendors in every issue of our newsletter "Shorthorns". Find out more at: www.MaverickCometClub.org

Paul Masson likes this.
  4. BKelley

BKelley Comet Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    "72" Comet GT
    I have found Melvins downloadable Maverick catalog to be very outdated as they have added SO much more to the Maverick line. Best to skip the catalog and browse the Maverick parts on his website. So much more items offered thru Melvins than Autokrafters.

5. rotorr22

rotorr22 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 F150 XLT/5.0, 2014 Focus 5 spd manual,1974 Maverick Grabber, 1986 Thunderbird Elan 5.0/AOD
    You have entered the Twilight Zone of auto restorations when deciding to resurrect a Maverick or a Comet. I live in an area where auto restorations and street rods are wildly popular, yet my Maverick is a first for my upholstery guy, a first for my body shop and so on. Get used to combing Craigslist, Ebay and the classified section of this forum. I also suggest participation in the MCCI and/or other clubs to establish a network.

I found the repop guys are good for hardware and other incidentals, but when it comes to items like small bumpers, Grabber spoilers, dash pads etc., it can be a chore.

6. David R Smith

David R Smith Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick
    Thanks for the advice . I did go back and bought a 74, 4 door For $200 . I has a good dash and interior in the same blue that is in the primary car . It was a six cylinder car and the motor and trans are gone . I think I can recover my cost in small parts . Then I will part out the rest .

7. rotorr22

rotorr22 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 F150 XLT/5.0, 2014 Focus 5 spd manual,1974 Maverick Grabber, 1986 Thunderbird Elan 5.0/AOD
    Good start. We are here to help you!