LOUVERS revisited

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Alan With, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Steve H.

Steve H. Member

Vehicle:
    1970, 1972, 1974 Maverick
    I sent in an e-mail, any update on these?

2. soooulpower

soooulpower Semi-Informed Tinkerer

Vehicle:
    2 1974 four door Mavericks, one Black, one pastel lime
    I haven't heard anything back- thinking about sending another e-mail to ask. I don't know if it was voted on or whatever yet...

3. SlotlessMan

SlotlessMan A squirrel and his nut

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    71 Grabber
    Well, I got a response and you guys aren't going to like it. Here it is......

Good afternoon. Gosh you Maverick guys sure are a crazy bunch. Originally I received a e-mail from a guy wanting louvers for his Maverick. I told him that we don't make one. I told him that we are presently concentrating on newer vehicles such as the Mustang, Charger etc. To be a progressive company we have to keep up with the manufacturing of new products. To make a louver we need the vehicle for several months to create a mold, then to try the louver on it,test the item in different types of weather etc. As an example for the 2005 Mustang it took us almost a year before the louver was put on the market. Due to the time consuming job of making a mold and manufacturing an item at great cost the sales have to have the potential to be in the thousands. Using the Mustang as an example again although they fit Mustangs from 2005 to 2008 we are still having huge sales on this item.

The first guy who requested a Maverick louver to be made was told that the likely hood of us manufacturing one is nil. Unfortunately I told him never say never because we never know what tomorrow will bring. I can guarantee you that in our life time this item will not be produced by our company. Sorry to disappoint everyone but please pass this information on. Have a good day.

Thanks

Mary Jane

4. PAINTANK

PAINTANK Cometosis Obsessivus

Vehicle:
    1973 Comet 2 dr
    I received that exact reply to the Email I sent recently concerning these wonderful louvers. I was at once disappointed and disgruntled.

5. soooulpower

Vehicle:
    Now I'm pissed. I would say more, but if you have nothing nice to say.........

6. PAINTANK

PAINTANK Cometosis Obsessivus

Vehicle:
    1973 Comet 2 dr
    Kinda final sounding isn't it?

7. maverick1970

maverick1970 MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    69 1/2, 70 Maverick and 71 Grabber
    Makes perfect sense to me, they are in business to make money.

8. Corbin Johnson

Corbin Johnson Member

Vehicle:
    73 LDO, 72 Sprint, 70 Grabber.
    Yeah, hate to say it, but I didn't see this happening either. Someone like Joe would be a more likely candidate for a project such as these louvers.

9. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    Sorry guys...but on the bright side...the value of both sets of my louvers may have just gone up. :rolleyes:

10. blugene

blugene Senior member Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT, 72 Comet GT, 2008 "Comet" (our boxer)
    Actualy I was thinking that now there looking kinda...how can I put it?... Ray, but with a g.:outtahere:
    J/K... The news is disapointing, altho, the stuff I have seen out there isn't impressive at all. I wouldn't buy any for my Stang/Camaro if I had one anyway.

11. rayzorsharp

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    Yeah, I know. But seriously, louvers are not for everyone. I've heard quite a few people say they would never put them on their Maverick. (I guess it's possible they say this just because they know they will probably never get a set) When I got my first set it took quite a bit of consideration before I decided to put them on. After I did I was glad. I've gotten way more positive comments than negative. Or maybe some people just think they'll hurt my feelings if they tell me they don't like em. That ain't gonna happen though because I didn't build the car for anyone but myself. :) If I take the louvers off my blue car now it looks naked. I guess that car will always have them. I doubt very seriously though that my other set will go on my Sprint! :cry: I think that would look horrible. I do have another 71 Grabber to build though that may very well get them. Only time will tell. :cool:

12. Ron45922

Ron45922 Member

Vehicle:
    1973 comet 302,29000 miles auto air, 2009 shelby kr ( last red one built , 2500 miles)
    louvers

damn, i was going to ask ya if i could buy your extra set !!:D I think they look great !!!

Ron

13. soooulpower

Vehicle:
    That's what got me about the whole thing. It's like they are FORBIDDEN to be manufactured of something.

14. soooulpower

Vehicle:
    :idea:

Hey, Ray can you show us any pics of the other one not installed on a car? I'd like to see how "Complicated" they look and if making a mold off of them would be possible. With the right materials copying yours might not be too hard.

15. rayzorsharp

Vehicle:
    I'll do better than that if I can find them. I have blueprints. I'll try to find them and repost them. I have them on a file from a few years ago and have changed computers since and have also moved. I've got the disc packed away in a box. I hate when I do that. Anyway, if I can't find them I'll contact the person that originally posted them to see if he'll send another copy. If you do a search on "louvers blueprints" I think you'll find where he originally posted but they are no longer there. I think it was member "RudyD" or something like that.

Last edited: May 10, 2008