LOUVERS revisited

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Alan With, Mar 15, 2008.

1. PAINTANK

PAINTANK Cometosis Obsessivus

Vehicle:
    1973 Comet 2 dr
    I need to go through my PMs then. Thanks!

2. thelgfaud

thelgfaud Member

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick
    id be interested in a copy of that pdf as well mattgaliazzi@gmail.com.

:bouncy:and if paintank doesnt want the side louvers, id kill for a set...:evilsmileKILL!!

3. Jimmy2gates

Jimmy2gates Member

Vehicle:
    71 mav
    Louvers OK, lets put our heads together and see what we can come up with ,this can be done . I put together a hellava deal on the 2 core aluminum rads for this forum. 25 were sold ,0h there will be another production of these aluminum rads comming soon this next batch even better 2 core -three row for not much more money than the last batch .we need to find someone here on this forum who knows a metal fabricator who can take the blueprints and make a gig for all the pieces and them lets get a cost and then a commitment from us guys on how many are wanted . If the price is reasonable lets get it done ,ill take two sets if the price is fare .The way i live my life is : Actions speak louder than words

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  4. Jimmy2gates

Jimmy2gates Member

Vehicle:
    71 mav
    Bump ,lets getter done folks

5. blugene

blugene Senior member Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT, 72 Comet GT, 2008 "Comet" (our boxer)
    Jimmy, I fabricate and build/make gates. I have already talked about working on a grill so I am tempted to jump. I havn't had the time to do the grill as of yet, I do have the materials at the shop that I ordered for the grill project. The projects could go side by side, I just am not commiting yet.
    Secondly, I only work with steel, so... this could be a setback for me. I don't have any punches and dies so everything is hand ground and made. It would have to be really simple for me to try and make more than one set... Heck, I havn't really sat down and studdied the bluprints.
    There are some of us who do want to see it blossom, but the bills blossom on a monthly. So someday, hopefully soon, you might see me showing off my louvers that weigh a ton. ;)
    Just chatting here...:)

6. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    I can see it now...ya gotta push a button and hydraulic lifts raise them just so you can clean the glass!!! :rofl2:

7. blugene

blugene Senior member Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT, 72 Comet GT, 2008 "Comet" (our boxer)
    Yea, it would be like them bars that go accross the rear windows on trucks so no one can break in that way :rofl2:
    :16suspect

8. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    Did anyone make any yet?

9. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    Got two sets...don't need any more! :D

10. MrPie68

MrPie68 Member

Vehicle:
    1969 1/2 Ford Maverick
    My Wife and kids are leaving next week for 3 weeks, so I'm going to see what I can do since I'll have extra time. They might be ugly, and held together with JB Weld, but darnit I'm makin me a set! :dancing: (my louvers, not my kids)

11. Jimmy2gates

Jimmy2gates Member

Vehicle:
    71 mav
    want two sets of rear window Maverick louvers

MrPie68 ,Just a question are you a tin man and a fabricator? if your serious about fabricating the rear window louvers ,let me know because if it turns out good ,im in for two sets. I quess i guy would have to fiqure out how many inches of matrial would be needed to make a set ,then find out how much a 4x8 sheet of the proper gage aluminum would be needed. How many sets could be made from one sheet so on and so on. Im only talking out load ,but im very interested in two sets for sure. cheers James

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  12. MrPie68

MrPie68 Member

Vehicle:
    1969 1/2 Ford Maverick
    I am an aluminum fabricator as a pass time, though I havn't done anything like this, I used to build custom "Mil-Spec/Mil-Sim" Paintball guns. I'm going to attemp these louvers just to see how they turn out, but I'll upload pictures when they're done if you guys want to see.

13. Jimmy2gates

Jimmy2gates Member

Vehicle:
    71 mav
    MrPie68, please put me down for two sets if yours turns out ,and your going to sell some ,and yes i understand that someones time is money ,so im not affraid to pay a fair price . If you will make me two sets after your proto type , i would like both not put together ,ill do that myself for cheaper shipping ,ill use stainless steel rivets , cheers ,keep me posted ,im excited to see what you can do. James AKA Jimmy2gates

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  14. SlotlessMan

SlotlessMan A squirrel and his nut

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    71 Grabber
    Interested? He!! yes!

15. black_betty

black_betty Member

Vehicle:
    1970 6cyl/auto/5lug/disk....2001 Mercury Grand Marquis ..... 1966 galaxie conv. w/390 FE ...1967 F250 w/428 cobra jet
    I am interested in making these also, the Autocad drawings are a little unclear to me. Do some of you guys work in fiberglass? I could make a plug if someone wants to pull a mold off it and pop parts. Next question, Ray Parrish, do the louvers sit on the chrome of the window or the window itself? and how do they attach? I am an engineer at a woodworking company, work with autocad daily. I have also designed and tool up boats (plug work). It would be great to have an original set to work from or a few really good pictures.