Mav update!!

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by jpollard, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Maverick Guy

Maverick Guy Maverick Enthusiast

Wow it's great to see these cars take shape!! Very inspirational!!
    Thanks for sharing the pics guys! (y)

2. jpollard

jpollard Member

Vehicle:
    1977 Factory 302 Mav. 1970 Cougar Eliminator, 1975 302 Grabber, 1976 4door 200...and still looking
    I liked the look of the silver also but I had to cover it. Here is is with the liner over it. It is real thin so it is light but should still do the job. I start putting it together under there tomorrow. I wouldnt be getting this done so fast if it werent for all the help and inspiration from this board.....now all I need is for you all to send MONEY!!

Attached Files:

3. jpollard

jpollard Member

Vehicle:
    1977 Factory 302 Mav. 1970 Cougar Eliminator, 1975 302 Grabber, 1976 4door 200...and still looking
    ..again

4. jpollard

jpollard Member

Vehicle:
    and lastly.

5. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Man, that looks good, and no polishing needed.

6. jpollard

jpollard Member

Vehicle:
    Exactly! ...and thanks, I expect an honest critic at the round-up. I am assuming it will be done way before then.

7. Rust Bullet

Rust Bullet New Member

Vehicle:
    1967 Camaro SS/RS 396
    jpollard:

I'd like to thank you for giving Rust Bullet a try on your project. The images look GREAT. If you have no objections, I'd like to post them on our website. If you have questions feel free to ask, I'll try to answer what I can for you.

8. Rust Bullet

Rust Bullet New Member

Vehicle:
    1967 Camaro SS/RS 396
    If you have a website page dedicated to your Car, feel free to post this award image :)

[​IMG]

9. jpollard

jpollard Member

Vehicle:
    Feel free to use any images, glad you like them. I have been using Rust Bullet on a bunch more things on the car and will be posting them somewhere on here. I dont have anywhere to use the award...yet! Thanks.

10. riporter

riporter Member

Vehicle:
    70 Maverick 2 dr. modified street cruiser, 72 Comet tube chassis drag car
    O.K....where is rust bullet available at?... I like the satin finish it lays down and its probably available in more colors than POR15

11. Rust Bullet

Rust Bullet New Member

Vehicle:
    1967 Camaro SS/RS 396
    As posted in a previous message
    http://www.itkillsrust.com

But.. it's only comes in Gray/Metallic . So no it's not avilable in more colors then POR-15. But.. POR-15 can come in all the colors it wants, but you have to topcoat it anyway to protect it from UV lights and changing color. This is why they push their " Chassis coat" and "Blackcote" @ $38 a quart. Rust Bullet doesn't get effected by UV light so can be left as is. Unless like in this case you wish to topcoat to get another color for a finish. Then you can use a $2 can of what ever spray paint if ya want.

We strive to stop rust, not make pretty colors....

Last edited: Feb 27, 2004
  12. jpollard

jpollard Member

Vehicle:
    I have found that Rust bullet also makes a great paint for engine accessories. I painted my thermostat housing, timing chain cover, master cylinder, crank pulley and more. It makes a great finish for cleaning and looks to be very durable. We will see how it holds up to engine heat.

13. Rust Bullet

Rust Bullet New Member

Vehicle:
    1967 Camaro SS/RS 396
    Rust Bullet has a temp rank of

Continuous – 200oF
    Intermittent – 220oF

Long as your engine doesn't reach these temps you'll be fine.

14. CometGT1974

CometGT1974 Gearhead

Vehicle:
    74 Comet GT
    I don't sell or have anything to do with POR-15 but I just wanted to add something. "Most" of the places that you will be putting POR-15 or Rust Bullet will not be seen , as we all know "most" rust problems occur where you can not see and if you can't see it then most likely UV rays are not gonna be a problem. Por-15 says that you can use there product without the suggested prep-work but that better results will be obtained if you follow there instructions. I have used a ton of POR-15 and the product seems good to me, i've never topcoated any of it and none of it is exposed to UV..........by the way, Metal Ready is nothing more then an etching primer, you can buy the same stuff just about anywhere under different names.......

15. jpollard

jpollard Member

Vehicle:
    I must also say that I have heard nothing but excellent reviews about POR15. I would use it without hesitation. I happened to use the Bullet first but I have no long term test to really base a recommendation on. Rust Bullet seems to work as advertised and I will be using it where UV will hit it on occassion. Use what will work best for you. I am not trying to sell anyone rust bullet, I just thought that everyone should be aware of another product on the market.