Maverick with no bumpers?

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by maxsideburn, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Bumpers, safty? Thats an oxymoron, especially when your talking about the small bumpers. If you sneeze too close to them you'll dent them. Anyway, John B, your idea sounds pretty cool. I hope it works out.

2. maxsideburn

maxsideburn Member

Vehicle:
    1976 Ford Maverick (200CID I6/AUTO)
    Well to me bumpers have never made sense. The old cars are big and tough, and any collission taking place over say 20mph would render them nearly useless. And as for modern cars......what can I say? They don't really even have bumpers as you and I would think of them. And what they do have doesn't matter much since they are actually designed to crumple on impact.

IMHO No bumper mav hits a hyundai accent.........bumpers aren't even necessary, lol.

3. qicvick

qicvick Member

Vehicle:
    1972 grabber
    Mustang & Ford magazines have adds for the shelby r pans, they are fibberglass replicas so its not like cutting up a real one, I may be way off but seems like the price was @ 175.00

4. cruise65oh

cruise65oh Member

Vehicle:
    74 maverick 302 (too cool)
    Hey John b--I'm in the process of building a phantom Shelby Maverick too! i had never really given any thought to a "R" type valance, but that would definitely be cool. I bought a fiberglass Grabber hood, and I'm kicking around a Boss 429 scoop on top of that. It's also got 69-70 Shelby wheels and cougar tail lights. Pop open gas cap is coming soon.
    :cool:

5. John B

John B Member

Vehicle:
    '73 Mav
    cruise65oh,
    Your car sounds great. I looked at a set of '69-'70 Shelby wheels for mine too. I bet they look nice. Funny thing; I also went with the flip fuel cap; mine's an authentic "Aston" cap from Britain. It's a smaller version of the cap used on Cobra roadsters (the same size as a stock Mav cap). I decided to go with Bobcat taillights for the wide light look. Love to see pics when you have some to show. Mine's still a jackstand racer. I'm still mostly still parts gathering. Hopefully I will have something worth showing by summer's end. Good luck. John B.