metallic paint tips

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by cometkazi, Feb 3, 2006.

1. cometkazi

cometkazi Member

Vehicle:
    1971 comet gt
    Well, I talked to a few local shops, They all said the same thing, We dont do just the spraying! I said to one of the guys, So if i hit the car a few times with a hammer you'll price it then... He just laughed and shrugged his shoulders:huh: That just tells me they wanna rape me on the body work. Who ever thought a paint shop wont paint a car!!!!!! Anyhow, Did i mention before, I bought single stage paint? Thats what scares me the most... Would it be easier with bc cc? @ this point if i had a better shot with that, Id spend the xtra$$ for the bb/cc... maybe i'll just go to a solid color!!!!:hmmm:

2. igo1090

igo1090 Member

Vehicle:
    75 maverick, 93 tbird tube car
    often body shops dont want to just shoot the car because the prep work is so important to how it looks and lasts. they shoot it, you didnt prep well, and 6 mos later the paint starts to lift or bubble. you will come back and complain, but it really wasnt their fault. can be more trouble than the job is worth. if you're going to hold them responsible for the quality of the job and bad mouth them if it isnt perfect, then let them do the prep work.

3. stmanser

stmanser Looking for a Maverick

there is nothing wrong with a single stage paint... i have used it many times... it just means that there isnt a clear coat over it...

bc cc is the best paint quality... by far.... but its what you want ...

like i said befroe... you have said you have painted before.. just do it yourself... if the car is all ready... it wont take that much more than what you have done to do it yourself...

4. Rando76

Rando76 Member

Vehicle:
    Collection of Mavericks and Comets
    These are great tips - Thanks everyone!