Mini tub

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Jerrod13, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Jerrod13

Jerrod13 Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Ford Maverick
    I have a question for you guys my outer rear quarter wheel wells are shot along with spots on my rear quarters. I have seen in here people saying that I can replace the outer wheel wells with ford mustang ones I would have to trim them up to fit but if I did that and then replaced the rear quarters what do you guys think about the mini rear tub kit from Detroit speed for a mustang since I would then have outer rear wheel wells for a mustang so technically the inner tub kit would match up good correct? What you guys think?

2. Maverick Dude

Maverick Dude Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick Two Door 302 C4 LDO
    No expert but it sounds like a very cool idea. I always liked the old Maverick drag car photos with large rear tires. I suppose you would still have to deal with the position of the leaf springs.

:stirthepot:

MD

Jerrod13 likes this.
  3. Maverick Dude

Maverick Dude Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    Not sure if you tried this but you might try typing mini tub in the search section for more info.

MD

4. Jerrod13

Jerrod13 Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Ford Maverick
    Yea I have doesn't look like anyone makes new ones best I can do is use ones from a mustang it looks like. I have seen a link where they cut the inner or outer (notsure witch one) right down the middle and add a strip of metal to widen them. Its looks cool but my outters are so far gone and my one inner is bad as well that it wouldn't be worth doing other wise that would be an easier way to do a mini tub

5. Maverick Dude

Maverick Dude Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    Can you measure the inside of the existing rotted tub and see how many more inches you would be able to go with a new tub before your tire would hit the leaf spring. The leaf spring is the deciding factor unless you move it inboard.

MD