Mono-Chrome or Chrome

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by 70mav01, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Zooomzoomguy

Zooomzoomguy Member

Vehicle:
    73 maverick, 2 door
    mine has pretty serious surface rust on bumper hehe

2. Halebopp

Halebopp Member

Vehicle:
    without Comet now just keeping in touch
    Mono chrome started in the 80's but have you looked at any new cars lately?, everything , for the most part, has monochrome bumpers, On a small bumper mav/comet I think chrome looks better, but on a big bumper I think painted looks pretty nice, i am toying with the idea of keeping the top inch or 2 of my big bumpers chrome then where the natural line of the bumper starts a little way down, painting that body color or black to give the samll bumper illusion.

3. tim keck

tim keck truckdrivintrailertrash

Vehicle:
    '72 Comet, '75 Maverick, '85 F150 4x4 ,'93 F150,'75 F100,'77 Jeep Wagoneer,'91 Dodge D250 Cummins,'90 F150 xtra cab 4x4, '93 F150 4x4
    I personally hate any bumper thats supposed to be chrome painted any color.The only way I think it looks ok(just ok,not great)is if ALL the trimwork is painted.Yea,I know '80s monochrome,but at least if everythings painted it all ties together.Racecars excluded,I know you can't chrome fiberglass.If they are really rusty,blast them off & paint them some kind of chrome-like silver,or just get them re-chromed($165 each at Tri-Cities in Elizabethton,TN).JMO