More affordable source for quarters? Compared to AK...

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by stockhatch, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    Hahaha! Showcars!! :biglaugh:those guys suck! I'm an hour and a half away from them, and I wouldn't deal with them if they were the only ones.
    Anyways, all the replacement quarter panels come from the same source Cross Canada, which is the same company as Sherman. What you get is what you get, if they don't store them properly at Sherman, all the other get the same crap.
    Have you looked at them closely yet? One side will have much crisper body lines than the other, atleast from any I've ever seen.

2. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    These quarters, as most reproduction metal parts, are not "freshly pressed" when an order is placed. These are made and then lay around in storage for many, many years. Looks like some surface rust from being in storage

3. stockhatch

stockhatch Re Member

Vehicle:
    '72 Grabber
    Well, I cant see much difference in the lines from one panel to the other, besides the fact that the drivers side marker light hole is offset slightly. The vendor told me they will refund my money, so I guess now I just need to source another panel.

4. white trash

white trash Member

Vehicle:
    1969 1/2 Maverick 6cyl auto field find junker

Thanks for the warnings. I will surely not deal with them then. I'm glad to be a part of a community that looks out for each other. (y) It's not worth a few bucks to risk getting screwed over.