Mustang reverse light placement

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by jasonwthompson, Jul 26, 2020.

1. jasonwthompson

jasonwthompson Member

Vehicle:
    72 Comet
    I believe there are a few here that have added the Mustang reverse lights to their car. If so would you possibly be able to post a picture? I will be doing it soon and am trying to determine how far inboard or outboard on the panel and how high or low.

Chip, if you read this, do you have any larger pics from your website?

2. jasonwthompson

jasonwthompson Member

Vehicle:
    72 Comet
    After having done this, there is not much choice in vertical placement as the valance is narrow, and the horizontal location is dictated by the structure beneath the valance. Basically mounted them where they are on early Mustangs, between the trunk drop down and the leaf shackle.
    upload_2020-8-11_8-6-6.png

Jaybee, TeeEl and mojo like this.
  3. mojo

mojo "Everett"- Senior Citizen Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT-302 4bl
    How you cut those holes so nice, looks like they came from factory! I like em!

4. COMETIZED

COMETIZED Member

Vehicle:
    70 Mav. 74 Comet
    Hi Jason:
    Go to the CAMEO website and its in the RESTOMOD/IMPROVEMENTS section on the site. The instructions there
    are detailed enough where you could replicate them on any car. There is a spot on the Passenger side when the rear
    valance is removed which will require some ' minor ' trimming to allow the inner area of the backup lights to fit.
    This will pretty much determine WHERE the lights will be when installed . Pull the website up and you'll see a
    detailed account off the installations. I don't have any LARGER photos .. Those on site will have to do . The BU lights made a noticible difference ! You might want to consider SEQUENTIAL TAILIGHTS also . I had a set made by EASY PERFORMANCE -Jim Wierzbicki @ 616-214-7880 - Wyoming , Michigan . Jim made a set for me years ago when there were NO lights available for Comets.. I shipped him a set of COMET taillights complete with the Housings and after 3 weeks , he shipped the Sequentials back to me .. I have had a LOT of positive comments about them. They were the ONLY ones I knew of at that time . The lights were LEDs also . Much Brighter ..Just a thought ! ( Jim also does the MAVERICKS .. All our Mavericks have them.Work great !

Cometized
    Chip

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    jasonwthompson likes this.
  5. COMETIZED

COMETIZED Member

Vehicle:
    70 Mav. 74 Comet
    Hi MoJo :
    We used a die grinder and a rotary file . Does a fine job .
    Chip