Discussion in 'Maverick/Comet Projects' started by xpsnake, Apr 24, 2011.
Nice work as always.
What brake master cyl. you using?
It's a Wilwood Remote Tandem Master unit. I originally planned to use the screw-in billet reservoirs for it, but may go ahead and keep the plastic tanks for a while now.
@Mavaholic - Thanks! Trying to keep at it.
Reasons to make sure you have everything in place during your mockup (I ordered an elbow):
Read through the whole thread from start to now and I’ve gotta say that this is one helluva project Bruce!!!! Looking forward to seeing more....
To add......Something I have NEVER seen before is the shock tower notching. Makes for a whole lot more room in that bay.
Thanks. I've done it both ways - with a stock suspension and a foxbody style setup. The trim for the stock setup certainly gives you more knuckle room but actually moving the towers out really opens things up.
Got some Gasiola E-Seal for Christmas to apply to my NPT fuel fittings. It's formulated for ethanol fuels but works fine for other blended gasolines. Much easier to apply on these large fittings than layers of tape. I also made a magnet mount to reinforce one of my rear axle brake lines - I'll eventually replace it with something permanent but not until I drop the housing again.
Got a few parts down out of the attic and I'm a bit disappointed. My rear valence always had a few chips and cracks in the paint. When I removed it, I confirmed my theory that the car had been rear ended and repaired in the 70s. The rear valence is a galvanized steel replacement panel with Ford number D3Dz-62405544-A stenciled on the back. I guess the heat and humidity in the attic baked the paint right off. It still has the red primer on the backside.
It's neat part of the car's history and I enjoy the story, but it's a bummer to repaint it - again?
Bruce you know patina is in style just put some clear coat on it and all will be good. LOL At least it is a small piece to repaint maybe this time put some etching primer on it though
Started working on the braided lines today and remember why I wanted to use the UltraPro hose before it went off the market - I'm terrible at terminating AN, especially small diameter stuff.
Quit that after getting way too frustrated and trashing a fitting, I moved to something else. Got the two VaporGuard EFI hoses done from the pump hat to the hard lines. Also finally finished the bulkheads in the engine bay and chipped a bunch of primer off in the process. Guess I didn't get good adherence to my rust bullet.
90 degree fitting for the clutch master came in. It's still too tight of a radius for me to be comfortable, so I will have to cut and weld the bracket to move it up.
Finished up the two VaporGuard lines that run on the outside of the apron today. I took a gamble and ordered the
NotchHead 2816-6 Braided Line Clamps for -8 AN and they fit the 3/8 VaporGuard lines perfectly. I've used the NotchHead's for brake lines and other hard lines and I like them a lot.
Everything passed through the original opening on the torque box.
Bruce it's all purty but are you going to remove all of this to paint the engine bay.
Frank, if I'm being honest - no. The car has been sitting for so long I'll probably get everything running and driving before its worth doing the final finish and paint on the engine bay.
Separate names with a comma.