My Classic Car TV

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by PART-TIME, Sep 20, 2004.

1. maverick1970

maverick1970 MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    69 1/2, 70 Maverick and 71 Grabber
    That is great!
    Once again Maverick's are getting their much deserved attention.

2. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    I am sure on the right day....at the right time...anybody could be seen that way. I am sure that Dennis Gage is hounded the entire time he walks around a show. He is also busy....and he is WORKING.

I am sure folks have seen me at Carlisle or at the Round-Up...and maybe I gave them the impression that I was an A$$. Fact is...everybody wants to talk to me and....being busy.....it is hard to talk to everyone. I feel for the guy. :(

3. Dan Starnes

Dan Starnes Original owner

Vehicle:
    Stallion, 72 Grabber, Sprint, 77 4dr Maverick
    Wow,,, we gonna be seein mavs on My Classic Car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is super cool. Cant wait!!!!!!!
    Dan

4. Corbin Johnson

Corbin Johnson Member

Vehicle:
    73 LDO, 72 Sprint, 70 Grabber.
    WOW!! Awesome! The car looks great! Congrats!
    -Corbin

5. BIGbully

BIGbully Maverick Maniac

Now thats supporting the Team P-T. Mavericks are now in position to take over Barrett/Jackson soon. (y) lol.

I think that is really cool and a once in a lifetime experience. Nice car(s) by the way. Look Great.:cool:

6. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Sweeeeeeeet!!!!!! and well deserved.

7. PART-TIME

PART-TIME Member

Vehicle:
    Grabber Clone
    Dang, you guys are a great support team. I owe a big thank you to Jason Miller because he invited me to attend the show with him (THANK YOU JASON). I did'nt mean to get your hopes built up too much. Just because there was an interview does'nt mean it's gonna be on TV. We'll just have to wait and see. I could'nt hold the news in any longer. As far as Dennis Gages personality goes, he is as he appears on TV. He loves all cars. He came over to our Mavericks and took pictures with us while others were waiting to greet him and have pictures taken by their cars. He took the time to talk with us about the Mavericks he owned in the past. He seemed fine to me. All this happened hours before he asked for the interview. Interview or not, I say he's a great person. I'll keep an eye on his web site and let ya'll know when and if it comes on.

8. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Here's my Dennis Gage story. Last Ford Carlisle We was out walking looking at parts. When I got back to the car there was a picture laying on the seat of DG. It was him in front of a car and was autographed and said, "To Dennis (me), best of luck" I was really bummed out thinking he was there checking out my car and I wasent. So anyway hours later my buddy who has a 58 Ford came by and we was talking, Just before he left he asked how I liked the picture. He had played a joke on me and everybody had a good laugh. I just wadded it up and threw it away and forgot about it. Weeks later Bob and I was talking and I was telling others about the prank. Turns out it was a real autographed picture. Bob had met DG at some show and had gotten it for me. Oh well, we got 2 good laughs out of the incident.

9. tweet66

tweet66 where am I?

Ah man I really miss Florida:cry: Sun and year round cruzin':cry: :cry: I used to go to Old Town every chance I had for 5 years. Why did I move back to Jersey:slap: :slap:

10. Rick Book

Rick Book Member

Vehicle:
    Missing my old '70 Maverick
    Way cool!

(y)

11. Johnnyholeshot

Johnnyholeshot Member

Dennis Gage

I always liked Dennis Gage from his TV show. Recently I actually purchased a DVD of his that was dedicated to several Awsome Fords (except they forgot Mavericks :( ). In the beginning of the video Dennis says; "I actually love all cars, and on my TV show I have to be truly unbiased, but the truth of the matter is, I'm a Ford guy. In fact if you cut me, I would probably bleed Ford blue". From that point on his credibility went up 10 fold in my book. (y)

Nice Maverick and quite deserving of Dennis' attention. I'll be watching for you on Speedvision.

12. SHOGrabber

SHOGrabber MCCI Member & MMB Member

Vehicle:
    1975 Maverick Grabber & 76 Maverick Stallion X 2
    Sorry I wasn't on here a little sooner since my last post. But I couldn't get on the board again until Stefan helped out.[​IMG]

PART-TIME, I'm Sorry for your thread going this way. But I guess it was about Dennis that you talked about anyway. And I did say Congrats![​IMG] on what happened to you. Thats awsome and can't wait to see it hopefully![​IMG]

Graig, You did forget to finish highlighting all of what I said to quote me.[​IMG] I did say that (Maybe he really is nice?[​IMG] ) I said this because I haven't meet him myself to make my own opinion. But from what I have seen of him on his show, I say I do like his personality and would like him. And with the part about him being a Ford guy,[​IMG] (which I think I seen him mention on his SHOw before) I'd say I would really like him.[​IMG]

Maybe it wasn't, maybe it was a mistake to put that comment on here. Sorry!

13. PART-TIME

PART-TIME Member

Vehicle:
    Grabber Clone
    No worry's mate. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

14. CornedBeef4.6L

CornedBeef4.6L no longer here

Vehicle:
    no longer here
    Craig not bustin your chops but it comes with celebrity status, whether it be small scale (maverick leader, or TV star). Sure there are times people can get on your nerves but smile and nod is the best thing to do and give a polite exit if you are in a hurry. That is what i try to do but then again I am a SUPER STAR MAVERICK MANIAC;) Besides if he can't handle the pressure there is a line a mile long of guys/gals that would love to do his job. You never know when showing proper respect to somebody will be returned later. I think most people get it though and then there are some you have to damn near tell them you worship satan to leave you alone. :bananaman

Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  15. fan2488

fan2488 Member

Vehicle:
    1969.5 maverick, 1972 grabber
    very nice cars and congrats cant wait to see it. cutting room floor they wouldnt dare!!