Need a eletronic guru

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 71nogo, Jun 17, 2010.

1. maverick75

maverick75 Gotta Love Mavs!

Vehicle:
    The mav is gone but i'm still here!
    Sorry i couldn't get the pictures, the batteries in my camera were dead. But i'll do it first thing tomorrow morning.

2. smegnl

smegnl Roger Saffle Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Grabber Clone
    Ditto what he said. Head to amp, amp to speakers, all done with a pos an neg for both channels. You need a power and ground to amp. IF your amp has a remote on, then there is a wire from head to amp telling it to turn on. IF not, then the amp turns on with the car.

3. 71nogo

71nogo Member

Vehicle:
    71 grabber
    dont know rms rateing on speakers. but i like the idea of painting the cones.

4. maverick75

maverick75 Gotta Love Mavs!

Vehicle:
    The mav is gone but i'm still here!
    Sorry it took so long, i was having technical difficulties with my camera's battery but i got it fixed now.

Anywho.

[​IMG]

I believe this is the factory plug for the radio, i might be wrong though.
    But this is where i tapped into for the "ignition switch 12 volts".
    It will be the red wire on your head unit.

Now for the rest of the wires.
    [​IMG]

First up is the yellow one, which is "constant 12V", i believe this is the factory wire for the cigarette lighter and that always gets 12volts. This wire goes to the yellow wire on your head unit.

The next wire(or cable) is the thickest one, its for your antenna. Just plug it from your antenna to you head unit.

Next up is a blue wire that comes from the amplifier, it connects to the blue or white cable that's on your head unit. This wire is what activates the amp to turn on.(if you don't use an amplifier just tape this lead up)

Next up is another blue wire, although it should be red! i just didn't have any red left so i used blue. This is the one i mentioned in the first pic, its switch 12volts and goes from the red wire in the head unit to the plug in the first pic.

Next is the thin black wire, this one goes from your head unit to a "ground", which is basically a body/chassis ground.

Next up are two pairs of wires, they're the ones that go to the front two speakers. Now for your head unit i cant tell you what wire it is, does your head unit have a diagram in on it? like this one?
    [​IMG]

I have a pioneer DEH-P43 head unit and it doesn't have diagram on it. Hopefully your's will. (My cheap rampage is the one pictured above)

and the final two groups of wires are the ones i used for the speakers in the rear deck, again i cant tell you what wire's they will be on your head unit. Your going to have to post up a pic of the rear plug so we can tell you which ones they are.

Hope this help:Handshake

ask any and all questions, we are here to help after all.

5. 71nogo

71nogo Member

Vehicle:
    71 grabber
    thanks, iim going to print this and give it a whirl. hope i dont fry anything.:cry: