new family member move

Discussion in 'Maverick/Comet Projects' started by bigdan56, Sep 20, 2012.

1. bigdan56

bigdan56 Member

Vehicle:
    04 F150, 2009 suzuki Boulavard m90, 77 maverick
    promised pictures

well lets try this again, it didn't like them earlier probably to big. got a different camera today so will try some of the pics as promised yesterday
    now you may see why i am not crazy about working on it at night. don't tell the wife it has me thinking of increasing the size of the garage.
    oh comments on the pictures will be help full
    PS worked on it today got it started again only to find a small leak on the thermo vac. valve blowing out water and once it warms up it doesn't want to excelerate

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  2. Big

Big Member

Vehicle:
    1971 2 door Maverick base 3.3L / 200 C.I.D.
    Pics look great Dan! Nice replacement motor! :D

3. schroensr

schroensr knight Runner

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1975 Mercury Comet
    I love what you've done so far , keep up the great work.

4. bigdan56

bigdan56 Member

Vehicle:
    thanks a lot gents as you see by the first pic work may slow a bit for a while most be getting old. cold is making a difference lately brrr:chillpill
    oh yea big how did you know how i got that radiator in.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  5. Big

Big Member

Vehicle:
    :hmmm: Psychic? Or was that psychotic?:bananaman

6. mojo

mojo "Everett"- Senior Citizen Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT-302 4bl
    Nice work Dan56. I like the paint scheme/details on the engine. I thk the addition of a few colors other than Ford Blue enhances underhood appearance. Also, I am impressed to see u working outside this time of yr in ur part of the country. U must have painted the parts in the garage?

7. bigdan56

bigdan56 Member

Vehicle:
    well to tell the truth i did the painting end of September begin of October but even then i had to take some of the small ones into the garage and hang them with a lamp on them about a foot away, or sneak them into work and spray at lunchtime. and now i only work on it on the rare occasion and only for a short time

8. Big

Big Member

Vehicle:
    :idea: Take a nap till spring!!!
    Not that you have alot of time to nap...but sounds like a good idear! :clap:

9. bigdan56

bigdan56 Member

Vehicle:
    maybe i should tonight i am working on converting cassettes to mp3 for my mom. i maybe 56 but Jim Nabors and Barbra Streisand is still a little past me.:sarcasticclap:

10. Big

Big Member

Vehicle:
    Not a fan of Barbra but Jim Nabors has a few good songs.
    I converted some old LP's to FLAC that I couldn't find in an other media... takes a while.. o_O Good luck on getting that nap! :thumbs2::tiphat:

11. bigdan56

bigdan56 Member

Vehicle:
    well seems the only thing napping here is this thread.:rofl2:
    even thou the group i work with is caught up for the first time in a couple months and we have two slow weeks management is keeping use on overtime and helping other groups out went in today but found part of the people that needed the help didn't bother to show. (back half of a donkey) But this allows me to collect parts for the toy. just received a carb and won a set of sports mirrors on ebay.:clap:

12. bigdan56

bigdan56 Member

Vehicle:
    well had to go out to put rear brakes on the truck today. Went out it was 24 at 10:30 came in at 3:30 it was 31. Once i got out and moving i had to start pealing layers off. Did the brakes and replaced the white headlight lenses. But couldn't stop changed out that carb on the maverick that did seem to help but do not want to run it that long since i still have the water leak, hope the day gives me ambition to get out there soon again to fix that leak. Couldn't believe that old battery still had enough charge after 2 weeks of below freezing to start the car Oh yea those sports mirrors turned out to be off a 72 Torino will have to see if i can make that work?
    Glad to see that you get back on line big you most have been taking that nap that i was to take:rofl2:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  13. bigdan56

bigdan56 Member

Vehicle:
    we are still alive

Just a update even though it has been a month plus. i didn't get much done.:rolleyes: Put the hood back on so the neighbors cat would stop napping on the furniture blanket over the motor. got that water leak fixed it was leaking at the base of the plastic of the thermo vacuum switch for the egr system. that carb change did work. yesterday was the first nice day in a while that i wasn't sick in bed. put the grill and horn back in and actually finished a full break in run of the motor:yahoo: and tried for a round the neighborhood run but this is the first time i moved it more then 30 feet sounded like dry wheel bearings and remembered vacuum modulator not hooked up because it is leaking and don't want tranny fluid in motor. Was going to work on fuse box trade, but wife stopped that with my fan belts are squealing again and the radio doesn't work right.:cry: Was a good excuse to finish the break in and the short trip around the block
    today started to lay out those sports mirrors they look like they will fit fine and i like the look of the Torino mirrors better because they use studs inside the base instead of the screw heads on the outside to rust.
    but now back to overtime at work after 3 weeks without so more money for parts but no time to put them on. sorry no pics because no visual changes since last post, probably while getting that fuse box changed.

14. bigdan56

bigdan56 Member

Vehicle:
    spring must be on its way PLEASE

Lying weather people! forecast said in the 50"s never got above 45 this isn't helping the fight with the sports mirrors. put a coat of paint on last weekend took them to work to be in a warm building. Put a second coat on in a unused paint booth and got dust in it, next day cleaned the dust off the mirror and the booth and went to add another coat and ended up with more dust then before. Stripped them all the way back down again on Saturday took them back home and put a new base coat on them and let them hang with a helogin light on them. Went to put a new coat on the base today and had the paint peal like i poured stripper on it, WAS SO MAD:cry:!! Stripped the base for a third time and the drivers side for the first then put the first coat on those may let them hang for a week at this rate.:huh:
    Also made a mounting plate for the 3.375" Tach to go on the A post down low only sad part is now i have to PAINT it AAAAAHHHHH.:cry:

15. bigdan56

bigdan56 Member

Vehicle:
    half dash refurbish

boy did I let this slip. :rolleyes: It is not that I haven't been working on the car it is just baby steps that it seems like no progress at all. Been working on the dash one day a week or 2 hours at a time. cleaned it up then fixed it up. filling the spare holes, capping the dash pad with bad results, put in new dash dual cone speaker, fixing the intermittent wiper switch, ECT ECT. :yup: still not happy with the fuse box placement so need to revisit the mounting bracket also changing to a old sun tach as a white one will look out of place with the other gauges being black.
    I have the lower cover cleaned up but looking at also installing a Jensen stereo with a 7" flip up screen in a under dash plate I need to make.

Attached Files: