newest project issues already

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by j miller, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Jamie Miles

Jamie Miles the road warrior

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    The GA route probably can't be done because your GA friend dosen't have the car there with him for a police officer to inspect and run the VIN. On both occasions I have gotten non title cars registered, I had to have a cop come out and verify the VIN was in at least two places on the car and matched, and was not reported stolen. He then filled out a form and I had to get that notarized and take it to the DMV to get the car registered. I was told there was no other way to do it then that. My '73 is from SC, and while I have not registered the car yet, I have completed the steps to get it registered. All I have to do is put insurance on it and go pick up a license plate.

2. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    his friend from Ga. can get it reg. with a bill of sale but can't get a title....:yup:.

...Frank...:whistle:

3. j miller

j miller Montana MCCI state rep

Vehicle:
    77 2 door Maverick, 250ci, power disc brakes, a/c,
    i called the fla dmv today and they said an alabama registration and notorized bill of sale is acceptable to get a new florida title so i will probably just pay broadway title to do this. they are based in alabama and basicly this is what they do. you send them a bill of sale on your car. they register it in alabama and then sell it back to you on paper. usually takes about 6 weeks they said. hopefully this will all work out. if not anyone want to buy a non title car for $3000?

4. stephen

stephen jet mechanic

Vehicle:
    69.5 Maverick

My car had no title but the guy I bought it from registered it in alabama right before he sold it to me so that I could get a title for it. If you could find someone in alabama from the board to register your car you should be able to get it done cheaper and a lot quicker. It took me a week to get it all worked out and only took that long because I am lazy and hate going to the DMV. Hope it all works out.

5. Fred McCutcheon

Fred McCutcheon Mccatch

Vehicle:
    falcon and maverick
    hey jason, been pretty hectic here, any scoop yet the last couple days? Any good news? Still hangin on here for the party on the 26th.

6. j miller

j miller Montana MCCI state rep

Vehicle:
    77 2 door Maverick, 250ci, power disc brakes, a/c,
    no news yet. i am sending out the form to broadway this weekend so we'll see.
    i got a call from a new guy about mavs and the teardown party so he is coming and bringing his 73 to old town. looking forward to it.

7. SlotlessMan

SlotlessMan A squirrel and his nut

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    71 Grabber
    Get this.....

My car came from Florida with a clean title. I transferred it right away and when I got my title it said my car was a "1970 4 door Chevrolet other!" :cry: ouch!

Right VIN though. State fixed it. I now own a "1970 2 door Ford other" :yup:

I am a proud owner of a Ford Other :rofl2:

8. newtoford

newtoford Member

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick, '76 Comet, 78 Monte Carlo, '85 Cutlass Supreme, '86 Regal Limited, '87 Grand Prix
    according to my titles i own both a ford maverick and ford comet lol