Paint Job Costs

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by tony_dt, Nov 27, 2009.

1. tony_dt

tony_dt 1972 Maverick Grabber

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber, 1996 F150
    Really, I guess it was the shade on the first picture. It looks much darker.
    Mine is this color but I have major rust on the hood and door. A little in front of the rear wheels. I need to repair this and I will then have a multicolor car until I get her painted.

Oh I like the sleeper look of the caps and the steel wheels in the second picture. I had the optional wider ford steel wheels on my old grabber. Most people thought it was just an old maverick (even back then) but it would suprise them

2. Darwin'sheros

Darwin'sheros Member

Vehicle:
    1974 302 Maverick
    My brother blew ~$3,000 on a shoddy job from macco's before I bought the car. The clear is so thin the paint scratches every time you so much a sneeze on it. Worse yet is they 'guarantee' a warranty. I sent her back in to get some obvious problems (some rust bubbles on the roof, a complete dollar coin sized tear, the entire area behind the bumper they missed, a bunch of nicks everywhere, and some rust on the hood) and got her back with just the door and roof fixed. I'm really po'd cause they promised to fix everything no charge and then ended up charging me $200 to fix a small dent in the driver's side door and dab some paint with a brush on a couple awful spots and call it done.
    My neighbor says he's going to hook me up with the same clear he puts on his truck, hopefully he pulls through.

3. blugene

blugene Senior member Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT, 72 Comet GT, 2008 "Comet" (our boxer, who is now in the galaxies)
    I had a car painted by them once. It also had issues. But for the most part it wasn't too bad. It only costed $350 if I recall. That was on a different car. This time I will do it all myself so I can point the finger in the mirror.