Paint Question for The Purists

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by hennessybp, May 17, 2012.

1. hennessybp

hennessybp Member

Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick I6 250
    It sounds like the majority reply was the same as my gut instinct... You like it? you paint it. If I go that route, I am actually looking forward to the "nice mustang" - it will be nice to thank them for guinea pigging their car on this color for me...!

Ward - I appreciate the purist perspective. That new Camaro Green is amazing, but it doesn't really fit me (or the car for that matter). I currently have a "Johnny HomeMaker" DIY paint job on it, but the color is actually striking. Granted he probably bought some rustoleum and went to work, but it's a really cool gold/tan with a black hood stripe. I like the subtlety of it, but want it to pop a bit more.

As far as interior, I am refinishing it piece-by-piece. I'm starting with a deep grey/black base on almost everything, and then will come back through with some accent upholstery and fine tune it. I'm actually in process of refinishing all the rear trim panels. The plastic "upholstery" molded layer on the panels is completely gouged and UV erroded, as im sure many have seen. I've got everything sanded down (80-150-200) and patched, and am going to try plastic primer and epoxy truck bed liner. Figure it will help to hide the imperfections, and give it something of the original "faux vinyl" look. We'll see how it goes!

Thanks for the thoughts and opinions. Ill be sure to dictate the outcome once I get through the other work, find some time and pull her into the paint booth.