paint question, how much?

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by stex97, Jan 14, 2005.

1. ford84stepside

ford84stepside Lone Wolf

Vehicle:
    1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe
    About 50% of all men are color blind. Reason I know is during a physcial one time, the doc showed me the color charts test. I saw the same thing as him in the color patterns, then he told me that for years,he didn't know that he was color blind himself untill one of his nurses pointed it out to him! Good Doc, anyway. I have what is called a red - green definicey [can't spell too good either, lol ] I see red and green but sometimes have a hard time telling green from brown if it's a dark shade,if it's a light shade it looks kinda white, thats why I hate Florida and Texas traffic lights that lay sideways instead of up and down, have to look for the red, the green blends in with the streetlights at night. A deep dark red looks more like a shade of black to me. If you can read the other colors that are mixed to form another color, you're way ahead of me! I learned a long time ago not to try to call anything by color, I'd be wrong every time! Good thing my wife is normal, need somebody to try to keep my straight! I guess thats why I only buy black blue or yellow cars, I can tell what color they are. [I know, the Comet is red, right now anyway!]:yippee:

2. Jean Doll

Jean Doll Maverick Restoration Tech

Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick 2 door with a 302.
    If you REALLY want to confuse people, just try telling them that black isn't black. They look at you like you've lost your mind.:coco:

3. Hawkco

Hawkco Genuine Car Nut

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick
    If you really to have a funny look made at you, tell there is no such thing as darkness. :eek:

Darkness is simply the total abscence of light. The teeniest tiniest speck of light will disrupt darkness. I've heard people say that white is abscence of color. It ain't. The total abscence of color is clear or transparent. Black is the total convergence of all colors.:hmmm:

4. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    Geez Terry, I thought Jean and I were doing just fine without all that scientific mumbo jumbo!!! :49: :eek: :slap: :D

5. Jean Doll

Jean Doll Maverick Restoration Tech

Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick 2 door with a 302.
    Good one Terry. I guess that means a black hole in space really is total darkness. I have one for the car painters out there. Has anyone tried doing a color match with a tri-color paint? I remember the time I watched a painter trying to match the paint on a white tri-colored Mercedes. It kind of went like this: :banghead: :cussing: :mad: :huh:. I think those colors were invented just to torture auto painters.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  6. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    Yes Jean...they can be torture. :slap::cussing::rant:My body shop is at a Toyota Lincoln Mercury dealership. We are getting lots of Lincolns and Toyotas with tri-coats on them now...mostly reds and whites. Fun Fun Fun:woohoo1: :coco: :huh: :woohoo1: :eek:

7. Erick-Mav

Erick-Mav Maverick Punk

Vehicle:
    71 Grabber-Factory V8 w/3spd, 72 Maverick-351 Procharged for Strip, 71 Comet GT-331/4spd
    What do you guys and gals think is the brightest white color. I'm almost ready to get my Grabber painted white and looked at the color chart today. I am trying to figure out what white to use...there were like 20 different whites??? I want bright,racy, good-for-a-Maverick "white".

8. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    The Learning Channel has nothing on this websight!!!

9. Hawkco

Hawkco Genuine Car Nut

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

10. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    i had a car painted white once. i asked my paint man about the "whitest" white. he said when they mix white they put a tint in to make the diff. colors of white. if i wanted a "white" white he wouldn't put any of the tint in...when the car was painted it was so "bright" you couldn't look at it in the sun.
    if "watery" is a word that is what it looked like.
    i have been a "white" guy all my life . my second color would be "pumpkin orange"..frank...

p.s. at that time i was told there were 202 shades of white. i guess without the tint there would be 203.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  11. M.A.V.

M.A.V. Yep,my real initials.

Vehicle:
    1972 Grabber Maverick,1966 Fairlane GT Pro Street
    "i have been a "white" guy all my life "

I too have been a white guy all my life...and will continue to be...but my car is green. :biglaugh: