Pics of the Mav at the paint shop!!!!

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by superlead76, Aug 6, 2006.

1. superlead76

superlead76 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber 347!
    When it's all said and done it's going to be around $1600.00 That havnig been said, I think for the same deal..guide coat, base/clear and rubout that's pretty fair. The other cool thing is they give you a 5 year warranty against fading, cracking, peeling ect.. I have found that with any body work/paint that it's all in the prep and bodywork. I did all the body work and most of the sanding prior to dropping it off. The other thing was that I removed all handles, windows, chrome(most of it anyway), fenders and such as well. As far as Maaco getting a bad rap, it's like anything else, you get what you pay for. Most people that go there, go for the $300.00 job. Of course it's look bad but what do you want for $300.00? The other thing... is look at cars they're working on at the time you visit. Ask them to show you something they're working on right then. If I understand correctly Maaco locations are independently owned and operated so that has a lot to do with it as well. I was also very specific regarding how I wanted the car masked off. Lastly, I stop by all the time. I really believe that helps out quite a bit. It's not done so I don't want to start singing their praises quite yet, but if what I saw this morning was any indication of what it's gonna be, then I'll be a happy camper!(y)

2. dmhines

dmhines Dixie Maverick Boy

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    Hope all works out with the Maaco paint ... personally ... they have just too much bad rap for me to give them my business ...

3. superlead76

superlead76 Member

Vehicle:
    We'll see how it turns out. I'm gonna hope for the best.

4. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    Looks great!!!

5. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Many moons ago I had a car painted by Macco and it was a very nice job. That certainly looks like a quality job. Maybe I will get to see it in person in Jan when I come down to Bradenton and Ocala for the NPD show.

6. Maverick73

Maverick73 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    '73 Maverick 2 Dr, '73 Maverick LDO 4 Dr, '73 Maverick 4 Dr Parts Car
    Looking good, Macco painted one of our cars the same Base coat/clear coat job. And I was satisfied with the quality, the price was fairly reasonable. they tell you upfront they dont do show car paint jobs. but it looks good enough for a small show/cruise in. Some people pay $5000+ for a paint job, and that is just not realistic to the average working guy anyway.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  7. PINKY

PINKY .....John Ford.....

Vehicle:
    1970 Ford Maverick
    I would go with some metallic orange stripes......trimmed in silver.
    FOOSE FRAHLER ideal.

8. superlead76

superlead76 Member

Vehicle:
    I know that this paint thing can get out of hand. I guess it really depends on what you plan on doing with the car. Whether you want to rack up trophies or just cruise the car, get whatever paint job suits you. I personally am going to drive the s**t out of this thing when it's done so my Maaco job will do just fine for a while. Plus, I don't want to be sick to my stomach every time it gets a rock chip or a door ding. Not at this stage in my life anyway. Perhaps down the road I will opt for the big $$$ deal. BTW, when is the NPD event? I would love to make it and meet other Maverick people!

9. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Its usually the first weekend in Jan. A great time to leave the snow and head to sunny and warm FL. Its held in Ocala. If anyone is going, plan on extra time to see Don Garlit's Drag Racing Museum.

10. superlead76

superlead76 Member

Vehicle:
    I already live in Florida so that's perfect!!