Quarter Panel Repair Progress

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Jsarnold, Apr 17, 2009.

1. darren

darren Member

Vehicle:
    72 302 Maverick
    Your right. Our shop is a production shop based on flat rate. We have an older fellow that can fab and build panels from scratch but he struggles to make ends meet working flat rate. Old school, good but slow. Does filler work by hand instead of getting the airboard and knocking it off and saving the hand work for final coats. Hes good but shouldnt be in a production shop. Our other guys are fast and good but lack his experience with fab work.

Nice work on the quarter. It will take a lot of hours to get that quarter nice and straight but its worth it. Dont get discouraged with the amount of time. When your done its all forgotten and you'll be really proud.

2. Mavman72

Mavman72 Gone backwards but lookin' forward

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick 2 door.Original V-8 3 spd std shift.Also a 72 one owner Sprint sporting a 351 Windsor
    I couldnt work in a production shop...I can fab very well.Just not fast,I like to metal finish my repairs as well.That would go over like a fart in church in a production shop.My dad sayes I am too meticulous...thats why it took a whole summer of saturdays to do 2 front floor pans,one quarter corner,one door corner,one inner trunk drop down panel(snowshoe) and one front fender dog leg not to mention a whole slew of side trim mount holes welded shut...LOL... no filler in em though,just a little lead.

3. chirt

chirt Carlos Hirt

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick
    Very good work!:)

4. chirt

chirt Carlos Hirt

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick
    looks like he's waiting for some action!:cool: