Radiator hole near cap / broken armrest

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Mlover, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Mlover

Mlover Member

Vehicle:
    Ford Maverick 1974
    Hello Community,

I have two unrelated questions, hoping someone can help me.

1. There used to be a line that was connected to this outlet near my radiator cap but lead to nowhere. I recently removed the hose since it had no purpose. Should I leave open or should I cap it?

2. My passenger side armrest/interior door handle is broken. Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement? Or selling one? I attached a picture of the non broken one.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. yellow75

yellow75 MCCI Oregon State Rep Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    72 Maverick 1976 Maverick Stallion 2007 Shelby GT 500 2019 Ford F150 FX4 2023 Bronco
    Do not cap the pipe coming out of the radiator fill spout it is for over flow, just hook another hose to it and run it down the side of the radiator to just below the bottom of radiator or you could purchase an overflow catch can from Summit or Jegs or local parts store may even have one . As far as door handle they can be purchased new but I bet someone here will sell you a used one, pretty common item to break

Mlover likes this.
  3. Jaybee

Jaybee Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick
    What w75 said. The originals just ran a hose down toward the bottom of the engine compartment so overflow wouldn't blow all over the underhood areas. If you add an overflow bottle it should be kept partly filled with coolant. All the air will work its way out of the system when the engine is hot. When it cools liquid will be drawn in.

Mlover and 71gold like this.
  4. Mlover

Mlover Member

Vehicle:
    Ford Maverick 1974
    Thank you both!