Rear window louvers.

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Pony Express, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Allen Small

Allen Small Member

Vehicle:
    73 Grabber/V8 and 72 V/8 grabber
    I am not sure how everyone else that has a set of these louvers are mounted. But the set I have on my son's 72 Maverick are sort of hinged at the top of the rear window at two points and have two areas (one each side) that is just a twist lock/pin type deal. You twist the mechanism with the special two prong key and the pin pops up and disengages then the louvers can be lifted for cleaning. When done just push the pin in and twist to lock. As you can see in the pic here they are up just a little since I had not locked them back down after cleaning the rear window. I don't have any issues with them clearing my trunk when I open it either when the louvers are down and latched.
    If I could get my hands on another set I would buy them with out thinking twice. I have informed my son that these come off his car when I get my car done and go on mine. They are sort of on loan I guess you can say. LOL.

photo (9).JPG

Guardsman85 likes this.
  2. groberts101

groberts101 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1971 Comet GT
    Thanks for the nice pic's, Allen. That a keeper for my collection.

What I don't completely understand is why the need for lower slat removal if the unit can just be hinged, tilted, and stood up with a prop rod to allow trunk access?

3. Allen Small

Allen Small Member

Vehicle:
    73 Grabber/V8 and 72 V/8 grabber
    My guess is that they did not put the lower louver on the Maverick so that you did not have to lift them to open the trunk.

You are welcome for the picture groberts101. Thanks for the compliment!

Allen Small