Recommendations for installing glass and headliner

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by William623, Jan 30, 2015.

1. William623

William623 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1973 ford maverick grabber
    Does anyone know of a good shop or person to help install the front and rear windshield in Orlando Fl? Painting my car and removed the glass today and will be doing the headliner soon. The painter does not do glass nor interior so need some help. If not any recommendations on how to install the glass and headliner my self?

2. Fewski

Fewski Member

When we replaced the glass in a '67 Camaro, we just had a regular windshield replacement guy come out and do it. Any of the local windshield replacement companies should do it.

3. rotorr22

rotorr22 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 F150 XLT/5.0, 2014 Focus 5 spd manual,1974 Maverick Grabber, 1986 Thunderbird Elan 5.0/AOD
    Just make sure your windshield shop has experience with older Ford windshields and seal designs. There are several people on the forum that had to have the job repeated due to water leaks. I called a local Mustang restoration shop and asked them who they use.

mojo and Paul Masson like this.
  4. COMETIZED

COMETIZED Member

Vehicle:
    70 Mav. 74 Comet

5. COMETIZED

COMETIZED Member

Vehicle:
    70 Mav. 74 Comet
    Hi William:
    Just noticed your post on the windshield install . I can recommend a guy that's familiar with Mavericks and
    Comets and just about every other type of car around . His name is Tee See " TC " ..He is mobile and he comes to YOU and does the work on site. He has installed at least 7 or eight windshields on mine and other Mavericks and
    Comets and is familiar with the procedures for our cars. His phone number is 386-804-9939 .. If you can connect with him I can highly recommend his work . I wish you success.
    Cometized
    (Chip)

Paul Masson likes this.
  6. William623

William623 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    Thank you! I will try calling him tomorrow, what does he normally charge for the installation?

7. CaptainComet

CaptainComet Large Member

Vehicle:
    72 Comet
    Hi,
    A while ago, I read an article online from one of the Mustang specialty mags and they were doing a 65-66. They were based out of Florida, and the article was specifically about installing a headliner and how it can be a challenge finding someone who really knows what they are doing. The article went into a lot of detail and showed the contact info of that installer. Seems that he is in Winter Haven, Bartow, Avon Park or somewhere in that vicinity. I probably have the article saved on my PC, but it is giving me no end of problems lately. If you do a search, it is likely that you will find this. I can try to look later, too, but have to get to work.

I am pretty sure I mentioned it to someone else here, too, so a search here might be productive.

8. William623

William623 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    I met up with TC on Monday and got the glass installed! He really is a great guy and does awesome work! I really appreciate you recommending him, that was a really big help.

-William

9. COMETIZED

COMETIZED Member

Vehicle:
    70 Mav. 74 Comet
    Hi William:
    Pleased you selected TC to help. He is EXPERT on our type cars .. Did you watch him install ? I've found that he is very thorough and precise. In case anyone out there is ever in need of this type of work I recommend keeping his
    phone number on file ..386-804-9939 Volusia County Florida . Tee Cee is installing the front, rear , and side glass in the '70 Maverick I'm prepping for the Power Tour this year . I'm going to video it and put it on my website in case
    anyone out there is interested.
    Cometized
    (Chip)

10. William623

William623 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    I helped him with most of the installation and definitely learned quite a few things! He does a great job and doesn't mind explaining things and giving good tips on how to do it.