Reproduction Maverick parts.....

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by JOEXR793, Sep 9, 2007.

1. MaverickConnect

MaverickConnect The Maverick Connection

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber, & 1971 SuperGrabber
    That will be great. I'll help in any way I can. Feel free to contact me direct any time.

2. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    I think this will be a BIG seller.

3. maverick1970

maverick1970 MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    69 1/2, 70 Maverick and 71 Grabber
    I have a couple of Grabber hoods that could use those pieces.(y)

4. mike75mav

mike75mav Member

Vehicle:
    1975 maverick 4 door; 1971 Bronco frame off restoring
    How about door skins? 2 door and 4 door.

5. newtoford

newtoford Member

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick, '76 Comet, 78 Monte Carlo, '85 Cutlass Supreme, '86 Regal Limited, '87 Grand Prix
    patch panels for the bottom of the front fenders, they seem to rot

ANYTHING related to small bumper swaps will be in big demand. aside from valances front small bumper brackets that fit both 70-72 mavericks and 74-77's woul be really cool. im not sure what bolt patern '73 have but why not drill it out to work on any car?

maybe a repo cowl vent panel but with out the vents in it, just flat

6. JOEXR793

JOEXR793 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    I have a 1976 Maverick Stallion, and 85 More Mavericks and Comets in Inventory.
    The Door skins will have to come from us cutting up a perfect door,,,The plan is make the lower skin for a repair pannel,, also make the door bottom in a 3 peice repair kit,, this is the Idea,, but it is a few months away,,, I would venture to say a complete door skin just might be in the future,,

Keep the Idea's coming,,,, its gonna be a big help,,

Joe

7. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    Did anyone mention Rear Frame Rails? they rot out where the shackle sits.

8. rayzorsharp

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    Hmmm...must be a Canadian thing. I've never seen one rusted out there. Do they use salt on the roads up there?

9. JOEXR793

JOEXR793 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    The rear frame rails actually has been a problem for me for 2 years,,, Trying to find a good one for a damaged car I have and want to save.. So it was one of the first things I actually started working on,,, I actually want to make it a tadd thicker for those who wanna race there cars,,, So it is actually something we are going to do,,,just trying to find a good one to copy and make the changes to.

10. newtoford

newtoford Member

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick, '76 Comet, 78 Monte Carlo, '85 Cutlass Supreme, '86 Regal Limited, '87 Grand Prix
    im only in DE and they lay it on THICK around here, Im sure its even worse the further north you go

my beater comet is the only car im willing to take in the winter because of that

11. rayzorsharp

Vehicle:
    That's gotta suck!
    I managed a Midas Muffler shop from 1986-1989 and I could always tell when a car came from up North. EVERYTHING was rusted out on the entire bottom of the car. I hated to see them come in.

12. newtoford

newtoford Member

Vehicle:
    to see a 25 year old car car round these parts with no rear floor pan in it is pretty common. thats really the only reason i jumped on my maverick when i found it. it had solid pans and 1/4's. remarkable condition for a DE car. the guy i bought it from left it out side but the previous owners OBVIOUSLY kept it in a garage. compare it to my comet of the same age and spent its life in the same area and its like 2 diffrent worlds

ive seen cars the same age with rear 1/4s that were just big sheets of aluminum rivited on and road signs and licence plates crushed down and slipped under the carpet to make up for there being no solid substance under where you stand.

any delaware car over 20 years old that wasnt garaged kept is most likley junk unless you like to do body work. my comet seems to be the only one of my pack thats suffered that fate so i dont really feel bad driving the stake deeper.

something to keep in mind if any of you southern boys ever decide to purchase something out of the north east...

13. JOEXR793

JOEXR793 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    New part in production as of today: In trunk support brace for the small Bumper cars.
    This piece is welded to the trunk floor and buts up against the tail light pan and adds extra support, The tooling is being checked today and will run the samples Friday.

Part #2: Battery tray braket, Goes under battery tray and bolts to Radiator suport and RT Apron. 2 versions. 70 to 73 and 74 to 77, after production they will be powder coated semi gloss black, Should be available thru RPS with in a week or so,,

Part #3 RT Frame rail Box. Complete RT inner frame rail. No shock tower, just rail with Holes for dragg link and other factory holes. Samples will be run this week and checked. will come semi-gloss Black powder coat

14. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    Trunk support brace is already readily available thru any Mustang vendor as a Mustang uses the same exact piece.

15. dmhines

dmhines Dixie Maverick Boy

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    Actually not same exact ... but the Mustang Piece is a suitable replacement for like $15 each .....

I was gonna buy some NOS Maverick braces until they wanted like $50 each from them .... so I settled for the 68 Mustang Braces for $15 each ... these were in the Yellow car.