Rusted Seat Mounts

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by 29EssexRat, Jun 25, 2020.

Tags:
  1. 29EssexRat

29EssexRat Member

Vehicle:
    Too Many Projects
    For those of you that had severely rusted out floor pans, what'd you use, or what should I use to repair my pans where the seats mount to? Photos below of the area I need fixed. Passenger's side area just needs the flat piece circled in green replaced, and the bolt hole for the seat is torn, which is an easy fix, but driver's side is much worse as you can tell from the photo.

Some might say this car's not worth it, and I say that too, but floor pans are a very structural component of this car, and while I might not fix the rusty body, or the cause of the rusted out floor pans, I still want it to be safe. Using 65 mustang pans, and scrap steel from other projects, so it's all cheap.

Ideally I'd find a parts car and cut them out, but no Mavericks/Comets in my neck of the woods. If anyone has a parts car with the section I need, that'd be awesome, and would take both sides, as it'd save me 40 mins fitting the passenger's side, which is worth my money. Otherwise if there's a reproduction part, that'd be just fine too.

Car's a 1972 Maverick Grabber Thanks!

Attached Files: