Soi, i'm thinking of throwing my Maverick up on Ebay...

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by Streamliner, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Streamliner

Streamliner Member

Not to go off topic too much but i remember back in the 80's i was in the Shelby American club {i had 2 GT-350's} and four members who owned big block Cobras got together and listed all their cars for sale, each for a million dollars....None of them sold but that started the escalator ride up for those cars

2. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    I started a thread on here once and before it was deleted for some clowns posting in it...it listed the price people sold... Mav/Comets for. at the time of deletion there were...44 cars posted at an average of a little less than $800 each...:huh:
    someone want to start a thread and see what people have in their Mav/Comets at this point of their build...(finished/unfinished)

3. mavgrab302

mavgrab302 MCCI Florida State Rep

Vehicle:
    71 Maverick Grabber
    I think a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay ? I have my car listed for half of what I put into it and have been offered crazy low money for it... I wont give it away to anyone just for the sale... If they want to build a low budget car then look at cheap cars... A car like streamliners is a awesome thing of beauty that was built from a passion of trans am racing.... Cars are picked apart so bad on this forum, it will be almost imposable to sell one here... Just saying,lol... Now the question was what do you think it's worth ? streamliner your car is a $30,000 car all day long, finding the one person with the budget to buy it is the hard part....

4. Phil UK

Phil UK Member

Vehicle:
    Ford Maverick Grabber
    American classic magazine that's out over here in the UK are running a story next month on how the Maverick is the next up and coming classic. The reporter couldn't believe his luck seeing mine at the Speedfest over the weekend. He thought he had be set an impossible task writing this article as he had never seen one in real life. I was offered £15000 (nearly $25000) and I turned it down.

Streamliner I beg you keep the car if you can as it can only go up in value.

5. darren

darren Member

Vehicle:
    72 302 Maverick
    Well my opinion is this car is the most unique and interesting build on this site that comes to mind. From the paint scheme to the air induction its race styling is so well done. Frank I think you get stuck in the down south Mav and comet world values sometimes. These cars are long gone in a lot of the continent. So is the way of thinking that Mavs are a cheap vehicle to buy.

6. 55crownvic

55crownvic Member

Vehicle:
    76 Small Bumpered Maverick(sold), 691/2 Maverick, 55 Ford Club Sedan, 65 Fairlane 500 Hardtop, 1960 Galaxie Club Sedan
    You will regret sellin it, Keep the car, get a loan,....simple.

Sold my Mav allmost 2 years ago now, and have regretted it ever since, that is why I am building another, god help me!!! BTW...It sold for $12,500

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  7. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    this was an overall collection of prices from this board...nothing down South about it...:huh:

people talk about big money they were offered for their cars...no one sold them...:hmmm:

anyone have any links to where a Mav/Comet sold for $10K in the last 6 mos...:huh:

8. Streamliner

Streamliner Member

9. predfan2001

predfan2001 David in Tn

Vehicle:
    70 Mav 75 Comet 64 Comet 68 Mustang
    Just try it. Ebay charges a flat fee if it sells depending on selling price, nothing if it doesn't. I just listed my motorcycle but it didn't sell.

10. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    10 grand is cheap...for what everything costs, it's real though to build a nice car for that.

11. groberts101

groberts101 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1971 Comet GT
    Yep.. it sure is. And that's actually a perfect example of how the market is for these cars. If that were a Mustang Sprint in similar condition.. it would have gone for almost twice as much.

12. predfan2001

predfan2001 David in Tn

Vehicle:
    70 Mav 75 Comet 64 Comet 68 Mustang
    I don't get the "Shelby Racing Co." on the fenders. :huh:

13. Matterick

Matterick Matt Somerville

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick 302, 1971 Maverick
    list the reserve at specifically what you'd feel good selling it at. My guess is around 20k. If it doesnt sell, then keep it.

Maverick/comet guys on here generally speaking wont be interested in it because they'll think that's too much money. They think its cheaper to spend 25k on their own plus man hours. Weird logic..but it's true :hmmm:

Heck, just look at how many people spend hundreds on a grabber hood then spend more on all the body work repairing it VS just buying MaverickMans carbon fiber hood in the first place... People are cheap..sorry...I said it lol

14. Streamliner

Streamliner Member

Artistic license:dancing:

15. Streamliner

Streamliner Member

That's all car guys not just Maverick guys