stock Grabber wheel color

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Jean Doll, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Maverick73

Maverick73 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    '73 Maverick 2 Dr, '73 Maverick LDO 4 Dr, '73 Maverick 4 Dr Parts Car
    Wow Jean, that's looking great! (y) black/green love it. What shade of green is that, looks similar to Dark Green Metallic. Is this the factory color combo the car had?

2. Jean Doll

Jean Doll Maverick Restoration Tech

Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick 2 door with a 302.
    That is the factory combination of Dark Green Poly and Satin Black on the bottom. The flash from my camera makes the green paint look a bit lighter than it really is. I know the owner would like to take it to Carlisle this year, but I really don't think it will be ready by the first week of June. We may have the car done by then, but it needs be registered and go through state inspection. He wants to register the car as a classic or antique ( I forget which it is ) and the way Harrisburg moves, that could take a while. He also wants to send the car out to have a dual exhaust system installed as soon we are finished with it. All in all, it's still got a ways to go.

3. DaMadman

DaMadman 3 pedals & 8cylinders=FUN

Vehicle:
    Maverick 1972,1970,1973
    That Grabber looks great. Wish mine looked that good... BTW every stock rim I have ever seen that was on a grabber was always BLACK. All the ones I have seen that were on the standard 1970 Maverick and the 72-7? LDO cars were body color

4. Jean Doll

Vehicle:
    Here's what the car looked like the day we towed it home. They are not the best pictures because it was 15 degrees outside and I was FREEZING!! It was in pretty rough shape back then. The hood is sticking up a little, but there was nothing wrong with it. The car had an oversized boat battery sitting in and the hood was bungy corded down on top of it. The door skin was literaly peeled away from the door frame. The owner was told by several shops that the door was not fixable and had to be replaced. Well, that door is still on the car. After about 20 minutes of carefull hammering and massaging the skin went back into place and only a small amount of Evercoat was applied over the repair. The fender was a different story. That was so mangled up that it was replaced and the old one was cut up to make the repair panels for the rusty spots that needed new metal.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  5. Corbin Johnson

Corbin Johnson Member

Vehicle:
    73 LDO, 72 Sprint, 70 Grabber.
    Looks great! You do amazing work. (y)

6. Pasc

Pasc Looking for Stallion part

Vehicle:
    76 Stallion
    X2

amazing car Jean!!! You brought another Maverick to life! :thumbs2:

7. Jean Doll

Vehicle:
    Thanks for the kind words guys, but it's not just me. Most of the credit goes to my husband. He has been a body and metal man almost of his life. He knows tricks to fixing bent up metal that most people would'nt have a clue about. That's why he could repair that door when nobody else would even try. When it comes to fixing up these old Mavericks, or just about anything else for that matter, we are a team. We've done so many Mavericks now we can almost do them in our sleep. Speaking of which, I sure could use some of that right about now. We have a full days work ahead of us tomorrow, and that Grabber is the star of the show. I wonder when I'll get time to do some work on my Mavericks.:hmmm:

8. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Quality work once again!!!!