the reason i...

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by 71gold, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Rando76

Rando76 Member

Vehicle:
    Collection of Mavericks and Comets
    :naughty::naughty::naughty:

2. scrapper60

scrapper60 MCCI Member

Aren't you supposed to paint it after the treatment dries? Why didn't you do it yourself?

3. dmhines

dmhines Dixie Maverick Boy

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    I used Eastwood Rust Encapsulator on the under carriage of my Grabber, inside the front fenders and rear wheel wells and the entire trunk compartment. That stuff sticks for sure .... It's available in Glossy and Flat black ... as well as Red Oxide and Silver. :)

Also ... most of the Rust Stuff is supposed to be applied to RUST ... it generally doesn't stick well to new bare metal ... like that floor pan you got their ... although it looks rusty now ... :(

4. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    At least it looks like a Crown Vic!!

5. Mavman72

Mavman72 Gone backwards but lookin' forward

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick 2 door.Original V-8 3 spd std shift.Also a 72 one owner Sprint sporting a 351 Windsor
    I luuvv Eastwoods rust encapsulator.Its even difficult to grind off after its been on a few months.Good stuff...:yup:

6. Mavman72

Mavman72 Gone backwards but lookin' forward

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick 2 door.Original V-8 3 spd std shift.Also a 72 one owner Sprint sporting a 351 Windsor
    Frank...That floor pan looks mighty purdy...:thumbs2:

7. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    i was under the impression he was going to...etch...it with something. the man has done it a thousand times...:yup:

8. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    Actually, POR 15 makes a product called "Metal Ready", that etches the metal, and it's suppose to be used after their "Marine Clean". Maybe they missed a step???

9. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    Anybody that can follow ...simple instructions... on any of these products will have good results. I personally have used POR15 for over 25 years and have had excellent results. I'm putting it to the test real good right now. My blue car was filled with 4 ft of salt water during Hurricane Katrina. Four years later I have not found ... one speck... of rust or corrosion anywhere on my car with the exception of the dash. The dash was the only thing I even had to repaint after Katrina. I didn't coat it with POR15 before I painted it. The paint I used was not clear coated (interior paint) and absorbed the salt water. After about 2 months you could see light surface rust come from under the paint. I pulled the entire dash back out, stripped it back down to the metal, etched it, por15'd it...as per instructions..., primed it, repainted it, and I'll bet money that it will never rust again. Like I said, any of these products will work great and I wouldn't hesitate to use any of them but I will follow directions. :)

10. shaunh82

shaunh82 Member

Vehicle:
    71 Pinto sportsroof
    It's my understanding, that POR 15 doesn't bond to clean metal. It sticks like a sob to rust and stops it. We've used ot on floors, frames and other stuff. Did not hold up on wheels, the UV rays destroyed it

11. Hottrod1991

Hottrod1991 Member

Vehicle:
    73 maverick
    chassis saver is also another solution. It's the same spec as por-15 but 10 to 20 bucks cheaper depending on where you buy it at