Time to arm those mouse traps

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by HarleyGA, Oct 31, 2019.

1. HarleyGA

HarleyGA Member

Vehicle:
    73 Grabber,
    I discovered years ago that when the weather turns cold the field mice find a way under the hood of my cars as well has the interior and trunk to build their winter nest. Last winter I murdered a half dozen mice. Might get down to freezing next couple of days so I’m setting up my little “mine fields”.

2. BBMS18

BBMS18 Member

Vehicle:
    75 Comet
    Way ahead of you my friend, I’ve been feeding them Ramik for 3 weeks and the heard is getting thin.

3. HarleyGA

HarleyGA Member

Vehicle:
    73 Grabber,
    I guess it’s all about your local climate. Atlanta has been pretty warm until now. The critters only show up when they’re looking for a warm place to crap and destroy upholstery. I used to use live traps but now it’s total war. Peanut butter and Victor Mouse Traps. I never figured out how they get from the ground to the inside of my cars. They must be able to jump a long way. Little bastards!!

4. BBMS18

BBMS18 Member

Vehicle:
    75 Comet
    Yes it’s been cold here for some time they are calling for snow in the next day or two.
    I’ve used traps but I only seem to get 3 or 4 of them before they wise up and stay clear of the traps. Now I’ve set my sites on killing ALL of the mice on the property!

5. COMETIZED

COMETIZED Member

Vehicle:
    70 Mav. 74 Comet
    Spread some MOTH BALLS under the hood in several spots ... Also INSIDE the car under seats, etc. etc. I did this for years and it seemed to work in all cases ! I hope you're successful in your hunt !!

mojo likes this.
  6. mojo

mojo "Everett"- Senior Citizen Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT-302 4bl
    I've not had a mice issue, so far. I've had them crawl in the fan section in the rear of my Lincoln welder. I went to use the machine and couldn't figure out why it was not working -- mouse nest in fan section. Made screen from chicken wire fitted over fan -- no more problems. Rather have em there than in my car. I'm in the garage a few times a week for various reasons -- may be the reason I have not had that problem.