Turbo 331 Grabber

Discussion in 'Maverick/Comet Projects' started by mgabski, Aug 7, 2019.

1. mgabski

mgabski Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick
    Hey welcome to the website. So I have 3 inch inlet and outlet on the intercooler. It JUST fits under the bracket with no modification. I wish I could of tucked the intercooler up more. Believe I have a tread stone 1035 intercooler if I remember right.

as far as the intercooler brackets themselves I have two L brackets going straight back. The brackets are for bmw horns. Lol. Seems to be secure.

2. mgabski

mgabski Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick
    Also for what it’s worth I have the small bumper brackets. Not sure if you are converting to that style. Forgot how big the factory 73 brackets are.

3. Rattz

Rattz Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick
    original 73 brackets are huge lol , i have 2 small bumpers that i looked at placing on it but my intercooler location must be lower than yours i cant get original brackets in there . i pulled out all the heavy stuff in the 73 bumper and i have made some flat plate to go under the piping and some angle to bolt to the frame

4. Rattz

Rattz Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick
    i just went back and looked at yours , our intercoolers are about the same location i will check tomorrow if my brackets for small bumper will work i didnt look at the way it went over the piping thanks.

5. Rattz

Rattz Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick
  6. mgabski

mgabski Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick
    Looks like the inlet and outlet are higher on your intercooler than mine. I don’t have a lot of room between the lower valance and the intercooler and the brackets. But it works. Lol.

7. mgabski

mgabski Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick
    On mine. The intercooler outlet and inlet are sandwiched between the bracket and the valance. Not sure how much you can drop your intercooler. I struggled like hell to find a intercooler that would fit these small front ends.

8. Rattz

Rattz Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick
    yes me to on the intercooler and i havent got a hood latch yet . ill send pics of my bumper and backets after i get them installed ,, i hope they turn out as good as yours looks . but im going with the 73 mid size bumper to cover the brackets up..maybe lol