Updates II, are you tired of them yet!!

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by jpollard, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Dan Starnes

Dan Starnes Original owner

Vehicle:
    Stallion, 72 Grabber, Sprint, 77 4dr Maverick
    Ahhh, red my favorite color. Nice pix, we love updates. That is turing into one heck of a nice car.
    Dan

2. jpollard

jpollard Member

Vehicle:
    1977 Factory 302 Mav. 1970 Cougar Eliminator, 1975 302 Grabber, 1976 4door 200...and still looking
    Bring it over....you just might have to wait a year till the paint is done!! :) Like I said, its not bad for a $500 body and paint job. :D

Thanks everyone...this helps me to keep going on it (and spending money), gotta have something new to post!

JP

3. Halebopp

Halebopp Member

Vehicle:
    without Comet now just keeping in touch
    Looks awsome Jim

Hey Jim, your car is really loking great,
    Hey got the gas tank installed finally, my time to work on it is limited, got the tank in, then last weekend finally got the Comet Running!!! It still has the old carb, tried to put it in on Sunday night but the new carb had round mounting holes, and the old one had oval shaped holes, just got a new carb that should work, If your still up to it, once I get it road worthy I'll catch up with ya to get those patch panels welded into the floors, I hope it is minimal I will post picts once I get to that point so you can see how they look. I can only see one hole on the drivers side about an inch diameter.... but as you know looks can be very deceiving
    Thanks again for selling me that tank etc, I took the old one out, tipped it and could har big chucks of rust sliding around in it.
    :)

Attached Files:

4. jpollard

jpollard Member

Vehicle:
    1977 Factory 302 Mav. 1970 Cougar Eliminator, 1975 302 Grabber, 1976 4door 200...and still looking
    Well, the car is buffed and polished, the motor and tranny are in. I am working on the wiring tonight and I should be able to start it for the first time. Things are coming together better than expected (Knock on wood).

Halebop....sure, come on over. Let me know in advance as much as you can and I will get ready. It shouldnt take long. Try and get some POR 15 or Rust Bullet so we can treat it when we are done.

I should have the Eliminator on the road by July. Robert Raney is going to work on my tranny and thats about all it needs to take a cruise.

Thanks all!

JP

5. Mavericknutt

Mavericknutt member

Vehicle:
    1971 maverick 2dr m2 front end coil over ladder bar rear suspension 472 ci. C-6 tranny
    um jim this c6 is for the cougar:confused: sorry man if I'd realized it was needed I would have already gotten it done.....guess I need to work on others stuff:D I have yours,Matts c4,Mark's t-5,and a full manual to build for dave:p I think i'd better get to work;)

6. jpollard

jpollard Member

Vehicle:
    Robert, yep it is for the Cougar. There is no rush. I have my hands full with the Maverick!! I dont think I will need it for a couple of months, end of June maybe. Let me know if you need any parts for it, it was a good running tranny but was left outside with the fill tube open so it probably got some water in it. Needs a good servo also! It had a real hard shifting one but I couldnt get it to stop leaking fluid so I put a stock one in.

I know you have your project also. I did not expect you to get it done right away. :)

Thanks and I do appreciate it.

Jim