what stock ford wheel will fit

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tires' started by Chadwick powers, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Shorty

Shorty Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '72 Maverick, 347 c.i., w/ dual quads, TKO 600 5-speed transmission, back halved w/ 4-link, '16 F150, 5.0 Coyotte, regular cab, shortbed, lowered 3/5 & 1-owner '79 Trans Am.
    Be careful in regards to the center bore diameter of the wheels. The Ranger steel wheel center hole may be a little smaller than the disc brake center (can't think of the proper term for it.) I had to use a puller to remove the Ranger wheel from my Maverick when I needed the Maverick wheel/tire in a pinch.

Bruce

2. SupermanEst1984

SupermanEst1984 Michael Myers

Vehicle:
    '72 2 door Ford Maverick 250 6 Bangin' it
    You're correct the center bore of the wheel may fit on but is a pain to pull off. Sometimes the aluminum wheels will have a small little ridge of a lip that keeps them absolutely snug or your case with the steelies so tight they don't slip back off when needed. You can very carefully take a router with a metal cutting bit and route off this inner lip to clearance the center hub. I know this is a Maverick/Comet forum but I'll show the info I learned via my Chevy S10 days

3. BillC

BillC Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1975 Maverick
    I'm running 16" Explorer Sport Trac wheels. They are 4.5" backspace and will fit with no mods. I am using 1.5" spacers on the rear and 1" spacers on the front (not needed, I just like the look better). Ranger wheels are also 4.5" back space.