What year model carpet do I buy for my 74 Maverick

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by scooper77515, Jan 23, 2007.

1. ratio411

ratio411 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Sprint and 1975 Maverick
    Yeah, I forgot about the cut and loop pile stuff.
    I like loop better myself.
    The cut pile seems harder to clean to me anyway.
    You have to specify which you want.
    Dave

2. scooper77515

scooper77515 No current projects.

Vehicle:
    Fresh out of Mavericks
    I have decided on the cut stuff, just looks more "modern" in my opinion. and with a dog in the car all the time, I find that the loop is harder to get the hair up out of.

If I do the search, I think everyone was getting ACC carpet from a dealer with very good customer support. Good enough that they all refer to the lady who answers the phone by first name. I will probably go with them.

So, do you lay it on the car floor for a few days until it lays flat BEFORE installing it, just to get the lumps out? I hear it comes folded and lumpy...

3. scooper77515

scooper77515 No current projects.

Vehicle:
    Fresh out of Mavericks
    I finally did the search, and found out it was NewEnglandMustangs off of their e-bay store. I got encouragement from Tom Butas, Blugene, Maverick1970, 924Mav, and i think luckyirishpride, all saying that Lyn was very helpfull and the carpet all fit very well. And approximately $125.

I thought I was using them when I found mine because someone mentioned Trim Parts, so I googled Trim Parts and found the ones I was dealing with. Glad I did the search and reread my old thread to find out i was wrong.

I will call Lyn today and get this going...except the ebay store says they are out of the office until 1/29...so I may not get anyone for a while.

Got the store saved to favorites. Guess that frees up $150 of this paycheck that I was going to buy carpet with, and I will have to spend it on something else :D

4. tom butas

tom butas Member

Vehicle:
    Sold my 1974 Comet - Looking super nice 73 Maverick near Memphis
    Good deal...also some door handles from them...