which paint brand

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by jerrymal, Aug 17, 2011.

1. h2o

h2o Mad Mav Man

Vehicle:
    1973 ford maverick gt 289 v8
    i like standox paint, is the same used on high class cars, like bmw's.

2. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt BBF life

Vehicle:
    1970 ford torino #1
    I've sprayed most of the other brands out there, r&m, ppg, nasson, dupont, kirker, house of kolors, etc

I've been the most happy spraying sherwin williams products that's what's on my cars.

Dads truck we sprayed with ppg per his request

3. indyman13

indyman13 Member

Vehicle:
    1973 w/ LDO and those bucket seats that bring back fond memories when I was about 19 years old back in '74
    Depends on the look you want.

Nostalgic and warm--single stage (Plus you never have to be concerned about clear coat peeling). My vote - Valspar

Slick and modern -- Base/clear (You'll always be concerned about clear coat peeling) My vote - Standox

4. Resto

Resto Benders Evil Twin

Vehicle:
    73 Mav Buckets(69 351W, soon to be 408) Floorshift FXBDY AOD ,07 Glide,06 E250HA,01 Silverado
    Im using single stage for door jams,trunk,engine bay ect. all the inside and underneath surfaces, because it cuts cost and is less labor intensive. On the outside Im useing 2 stage for depth, shine and extra UV protection. In Southern Arizona Clear always peels if the car is stored outside. This car is going to be a covered Hangar Queen so im not worried about peeling, like on my Harley at $158.00 a Quart.:cry:

5. Mysidekickgoose

Mysidekickgoose Member

Vehicle:
    1974 ford maverick 4-speed automatic I6, 94' Toyota Celica FWD I4 5-speed manual, 84' Toyota Celica RWD 2.4L I4 5-speed manual
    i no all u guys have ur favourite brands and stuff, a lot of them being really good ones but if u want a super cheap paint while still having decent quality, go with dulpi-clour's ready-to-paint mixes, no thinners just mix and spray. and theyr about 25 bucks a quart. awesome stuff really. im sure ur looking at othr higher quality brands but if u want to cut down costs then use dupli-colours primers and/or clears, it cood save u some cash.