Windshield has a smokey look, anyway to remove it?

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by ESampson, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Acornridgeman

Acornridgeman MCCI Wisconsin State Rep Moderator Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    70 Maverick Grabber, 72 Maverick Grabber Restomod
  2. ESampson

ESampson Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Comet GT
    very good prices...doesn't have any listings for canada so id have to drive down..i think im going to use this one i have for now..went to order weatherstrip for the windshield and rear window from car-stuff...
    gaskets were super good prices, too bad its 30 bucks shipping on each item, when i added the 2nd to my cart it just doubled to 60 instead of packaging together.. plus for shipping mode it just says "ground" would that be UPS? or USPS? UPS likes to tag on a brokerage fees when it crosses the border which adds up fast, got hit with it on my axles.

might just have to call next week and see if they can package together and ship through USPS.

3. Falcenac

Falcenac Member

Vehicle:
    1969.5 Maverick 71 Comet G.T. 76 Comet 4 door 61 Falcon x2 60 Frontenac
    Saw your post about glass prices the other day was surprised at the price of the windshield. Did one in my 60 Falcon last spring 120 for glass 85 for rubber gasket. So I priced out one for my Maverick it has wiper scratches and I wanted to change it. I work in a body shop and our cost on the glass was 340 and they would have to search out a gasket. I have a buddy with a mobile glass business will try his suppliers for a better price and see what is available in our part of the world.