Woodplug in the pcv valve...?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by comet666, May 3, 2008.

  1. comet666

    comet666 RAISE HELL AND DRINK WINE

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2007
    Messages:
    325
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    92
    Location:
    Sweden/Gothenburg
    Vehicle:
    Comet -74 Inline Six 250, 4.1 AT
    Since I started this journey trying to get the Comet running (fast):drive: I´ve encountered all sorts of strange things but this one does it... :yup:

    Is there any possible way that you would gain anything by completely blocking of the PCV valve with a piece of wood and run without a thermostat...?:hmmm:

    Just asking since there maybe be somekind of trade secret here that I don´t know about..?:huh:

    I´m thinking maybe there is some other problem someone has tried to "forget" about and done these "modifications"....


    Thanks!

    Robert.
     
  2. baddad457

    baddad457 Member

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2007
    Messages:
    5,861
    Likes Received:
    141
    Trophy Points:
    171
    Location:
    Opelousas La.
    Both are ignorant fixes to some misperceived problems.
     
  3. comet666

    comet666 RAISE HELL AND DRINK WINE

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2007
    Messages:
    325
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    92
    Location:
    Sweden/Gothenburg
    Vehicle:
    Comet -74 Inline Six 250, 4.1 AT
    Thanks for saying it out loud, I just get so frustrated thinking about it...
     
  4. rthomas771

    rthomas771 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2008
    Messages:
    8,093
    Likes Received:
    981
    Trophy Points:
    498
    Garage:
    1
    Location:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    '74 Maverick 302 5-Speed.'60 Falcon V8. '63.5 Falcon HT
    You need a PCV valve that will allow the engine to breath. A plugged PCV will push oil through the rings and gaskets. You need a thermostat that will keep the engine running too cold...a cold engine will wear out faster than an warm engine (175*-195* preferably)
     
  5. comet666

    comet666 RAISE HELL AND DRINK WINE

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2007
    Messages:
    325
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    92
    Location:
    Sweden/Gothenburg
    Vehicle:
    Comet -74 Inline Six 250, 4.1 AT
    I hope the woodplug has not caused any other issues.....:(
     

Share This Page