WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO Shelby Maverick

Discussion in 'Foreign Mavericks' started by 75cometgt, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Bum's_Steer

Bum's_Steer Member

Vehicle:
    69.5 Maverick 2-dr. (Grabber clone) 1970 Maverick 2-dr.
    Yeah, earlier on I commented it looked kinda cool....but really, it's pretty cheesy. Keep in mind it was the early 70's though....alot of things back then were kinda cheesy.

Either way, compare it to the looks and stylings of real Shelby cars. If Shelby had been in anyway personally involved with that Maverick, I think it would have looked alot cooler than that! (and would have had a modified drivetrain and suspension, not just a stocker Mav slathered with glue and driven through a Pep Boys to see how much junk they could get to stick!)

2. blugene

blugene Senior member Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT, 72 Comet GT, 2008 "Comet" (our boxer)
    I used to work at Pep Bums, and they have good glue.(unless you are actually trying to stick something other than your fingers,lol)

I still think those grandmas are hot, now that i'm a grandpa.

3. Jamie Miles

Jamie Miles the road warrior

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks

:lolup: :biglaugh: :rofl2:

(Hey, I just put in an application at Pep Boys... :hide: )

4. maverick75

maverick75 Gotta Love Mavs!

Vehicle:
    The mav is gone but i'm still here!
    I would actually like to own one...and i dont realy care if there worth $1

and i wouldnt care if people thought it wasnt real all that would matter would be me liking it. if i ever do find one the problem would be bringing it to the US unless i found one near the border.

One of my aunts is very sick right now and i think i'll be taking another trip to mexico.

I'm gonna try to go to the Toluca Car Club(were the elenor mav clone is at)

and this time i'll take a camera i can use,i went in april and saw about 4 of them but my sister didnt let me use her camera.

if ever do get one i'm gonna go with a boss 302 clone engine with a 4-speed

5. Bum's_Steer

Bum's_Steer Member

Vehicle:
    Well, since it's "value" and whether people believe it's real or not isn't a concern to you, save yourself the headache of what would likely be a long, futile search, and the agony and red tape of trying to import it to the states....

and just build your own.

It'd probably be alot cheaper, and I bet you could do a better job of making it look (and perform) like a "Shelby" than that one in the pic.

I've seen alot of clones and "what if" cars in my time, and they've gotten the respect and admiration due a unique, well thought out, well-built car. The only time you get scorn over a clone or "what-if" car is when someone tries to pass it off as factory or original for profit.

You like "Shelby" Mavericks? Build one! The way you think ol Shelby himself would have, not like some shady Mexican car dealers tried (and failed) to.

6. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    That's what I did :cool:

7. Bum's_Steer

Bum's_Steer Member

Vehicle:
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

And a damned fine job you did!

I too built a "what if" car, but it wasn't my Maverick....I asked "what if Chevy kept building big block SS cars right into the late 70's?", then took my 79 Malibu and made an SS 454 out of it like Chevy might have built one, complete with the big block, Muncie 4-speed, 12-bolt posi rear, buckets, console and a cowl induction hood.

8. maverick75

maverick75 Gotta Love Mavs!

Vehicle:
    The mav is gone but i'm still here!
    BEST ADVICE EVER:clap::clap::clap: never thought of that:bowdown:

What if he had built a Pinto?:D

i got the OK from my parents and i will be taking a trip to mexico next weekend for about 2-weeks or a month:dance:

9. bmcdaniel

bmcdaniel Senile Member

Vehicle:
    '70 Maverick Grabber
    TL would have one. :D

10. Halebopp

Halebopp Member

Vehicle:
    without Comet now just keeping in touch
    If he'd do it to a freaking Dodge Omni toaster on wheels, it's certainly feasible he'd do a
    Pinto.

11. Maine Mav

Maine Mav Mavericker

Vehicle:
    '73 Maverick 2 Dr 302V8 & '72 Maverick 2 Dr 200 I-6
    I owned one of those Omnis and I'd still have it if a drunk driver hadn't run into me and totalled it. That car was an absolute blast to drive and it got great fuel mileage.

12. Halebopp

Halebopp Member

Vehicle:
    Yeah I saw a GLH autocross one time. That guy was tearing the course up, that suspension he ran on it, was so tight every corner the opposite back tire left the ground, but it is so square ( wide and short) it stuck tot eh course like it had an amusment park rail holding it down. !
    It was impressive to see that kind of car do so well. Buy the way according to Carroll Shelby.. the GLH moniker , was for "Goes Like Hell".
    It's just to bad it was a Chrysler product, jsut my opinion, never been a big fan of Mopars

13. Jamie Miles

Jamie Miles the road warrior

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    My grandpa has a little 5 speed Dodge Omni sitting in his field. One of the tires caught fire when my uncle's house burned down and the fire spread to the engine compartment, most of the rubber stuff melted away. I've thought about getting it running just to goof off with on the old back roads in NC. Little 5 speed cars are always fun to drive. :)

14. Halebopp

Halebopp Member

Vehicle:
    You are definately right a month ago I traded of my '04 Cavalier ( long story as to why I had that car), any way I am now the proud owner of a bone stock '06 Focus, 5 speed, you talk about fun!! This car has the duratec 2.0 and it is a screamer, in fact I bought it in Screaming Yellow!! I'm now totally Ford ( Product) Focused. Plan on owning it a long time like my Comet. By the way I'm in a Focus forum as well so I posted some of the ford Acronyms over there they liked some of the ones posted here a lot. Here's a Ford Focus Acronym Found Our Replacement for Displacement, For Optimum Cruising Use Supercharger! Or Found On Racetracks Dominating.. Fast Operate Car Using Seatbelt Sorry got off topic but, found a way to bring up my aquisition, I love both my cars!! Plus I got the exact opposite car my wife wanted me to get a 2 door ,sporty, yellow, and a 5 speed!!

15. awannabegrabber

awannabegrabber Always Learning

Vehicle:
    1976 Maverick with a trim package
    since we are on the topic of changing cars into somthing amazing, i think it was sports car revolution, but the guys on the show took and 05 Focus and dropped a 302 EFI with a 5 speed into a little focus, talk about a sleeper.