2011 Roundup itinerary! Hope to see you all there!!

Discussion in 'Maverick Comet Club International (MCCI)' started by mavtricks, May 18, 2011.

1. mavtricks

mavtricks MCCI State Rep

Vehicle:
    '72 Grabber Green Grabber
    Maverick/Comet Club International

18th Annual Roundup Nationals
    Dearborn, Michigan
    July 20-24, 2011
    Hosts: Members of the MCCI in Michigan

Highlights

Wednesday, July 20, 2011
    Early Arrival Day

See many sites in Dearborn, the home of Ford Motor Company.

11:30 AM We will caravan from the hotel to MCCI President Shawn Simpson’s house (address will be provided), for a cookout prior to going to Milan Dragway in Milan, MI, a test and tune (http://www.milandragway.com/). Burgers and hot dogs will be served, and there is plenty of parking for our cars and trucks and trailers. We will have a cookout until 3:30 pm, when we leave for Milan Dragway. The gates open at 4:00 pm, and there is a $25 charge for Test & Tune.

Thursday, July 21, 2011
    Family Day # 1 Ford Rouge Factory Tour

10:00 AM We will caravan to the Henry Ford Museum, 20900 Oakwood Boulevard, Dearborn, Michigan, 48124, 800.835.5237. After parking in a secure lot for our cars at the Henry Ford, we will load onto a bus provided by the Henry Ford Museum, and go to the Ford River Rouge Complex, also in Dearborn, for the Ford Rouge Factory Tour (http://www.thehenryford.org/rouge/index.aspx).
    The tour is a self-guided five-part experience that includes: Legacy Theater, Art of Manufacturing Theater, Observation Deck, Dearborn Truck Plant and the Legacy Gallery.
    See below under “Family Day #2” for Admission prices for Ford Rouge Factory Tour, under Admission.

6:00 PM Supper. We will meet at the hotel prior to going for a cruise-in at a local restaurant.

Friday, July 22, 2011
    Family Day # 2 Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village Tour

9:00 AM We will caravan to the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village, 20900 Oakwood Boulevard, Dearborn, Michigan, 48124, 800.835.5237, for a tour of the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village (http://www.hfmgv.org/). We will again park in a secure lot for our cars, and then visit each attraction. The Henry Ford and Greenfield Village have been called the "largest indoor-outdoor history museum complex.”

6:00 PM We will meet at the hotel prior to going to a local restaurant for supper. We will go to the Sign Of The Beefcarver restaurant, 23100 Michigan Ave., Dearborn, MI 48124. The main menu choices, in addition to roast beef, include fish, turkey, chicken, and ham. Also, there are many side dishes, including vegetables, macaroni and cheese, fresh salads, desserts, and more. The annual club meeting will follow supper. The club meeting usually lasts from 8:00 PM to 9:30 PM.
    8:00-9:30 PM Club meeting at hotel.

Saturday, July 23, 2011
    Show Day (Hotel Parking Lot)

9:00 AM-Noon Registration
    Noon-2:00 PM Judging
    3:00 PM Awards Ceremony

On Show Day, we will caravan our cars to the Ford World Headquarters on Michigan Avenue,
    for a group photo. Time TBA.

Saturday evening is free to do as you please. As always, there are plenty of good times to be had in the usual manner of hanging around in the parking lot, with each other at the hotel.

For those that are interested, there is the Telegraph Road (US 24) Car Cruise the day of the show. The cruise route on Telegraph Road stretches from Eureka Road in the city of Taylor, to the south, to Puritan Road in the city of Redford, to the north. This car cruise is an “active” cruise, where you have the opportunity to drive your car on the road in the cruise. This cruise is considered a “mini-Woodward Dream Cruise”.

Sunday, July 24

There are opportunities to see the many sites in the city of Dearborn and surrounding areas. One place of note is in the city of Milford, MI, at Baker’s, for a Sunday car cruise-in. The address is 2025 S. Milford Road, Milford, MI 48381 (http://www.bakersofmilford.com/1/252/cruisin.asp). The car cruise-in at Baker’s has been billed, per Baker’s website, as “America's Largest Weekly Cruise”.

Hotel Information

Doubletree Hotel
    5801 Southfield Expressway, Dearborn/Detroit, MI 48228
    Phone: 313-336-3340
    Room rate: $95/night. The room rate also includes breakfast in the hotel restaurant, grille39, for the entire family. Please note: The hotel is 100% non-smoking with designated smoking areas outdoors.

Website for general hotel information:
    http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/DTTDBDT-Doubletree-Hotel-Dearborn-Michigan/index.do

Website to register for rooms online:
    http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/...DTTDBDT-MCC-20110719/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2011
  2. 70ProStreet

70ProStreet Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick ex-B/SM car, 1978 F-150 4x4, 1992 5.0 Mustang, 1978 Jeep CJ7 (ford powered)
    Not a Member of the MCCI (yet) but plan to meet you guys at a few of these events, particularly Milan and the Telegraph cruise, we live not too far from Telegraph off of Ecorse road on Jackson Street...

3. CaptainComet

CaptainComet Large Member

Vehicle:
    72 Comet
    Really looking forward to this. My wife and I will get there Thursday, and at least will have dinner there.

4. Earl Branham

Earl Branham Certified Old Fart

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '69.5 Maverick 302, T-5, Grabber Green
    See you on the 20th!

5. Dan Starnes

Dan Starnes Original owner

Vehicle:
    Stallion, 72 Grabber, Sprint, 77 4dr Maverick
    Wow I finally get to meet Earl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    Last time I saw him, was in Detroit.
    [​IMG]

7. bmcdaniel

bmcdaniel Senile Member

Vehicle:
    '70 Maverick Grabber
    We plan on being there in time to go to dinner Thursday evening.

8. Earl Branham

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    I should be there for dinner on Thursday. I have to add a day to my hotel reservations. Looking forward to seeing all of you!

9. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    I think, Pete (Mavman72) and I should be there Wednesday afternoon...

10. Zooomzoomguy

Zooomzoomguy Member

Vehicle:
    73 maverick, 2 door
    i'll be there, will try to make wensday test and tune, i work till 5, so will try to get out early (i work in taylor)

11. 70ProStreet

70ProStreet Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick ex-B/SM car, 1978 F-150 4x4, 1992 5.0 Mustang, 1978 Jeep CJ7 (ford powered)
    No kidding lol where at?

12. mstolarc

mstolarc Member

Vehicle:
    1971 Comet GT (clone)
    I will be there everyday. The Telegraph Cruise is great. I like it better than the Woodward Dream Cruise. It's more spread out and you can actually cruise instead of crawl. This will be the first year I can drive instead of just being a passenger in my brother's Mustang.

13. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    Only 8 weeks from today!!!!

14. Earl Branham

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    I'll be staying in Taylor, with friends.

15. mojo

mojo "Everett"- Senior Citizen Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT-302 4bl
    That's all? I need to get it going to finish the desired improvements/upgrades to make the trip. My chk-in date is the 20th.; hope I can make it.